Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

PIP - Bare neck or jewelry?

Hi
The neckline of my dress has a lot of embellishment so I'm not sure if I need to wear a necklace or not.  What do you think?  It's strapless and my hair will most likely be up and I will have a veil.
If you think I should, what are your suggestion? 
Thank you!
h.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PIP - Bare neck or jewelry?

• Options
    If your hair is going to be up, I would definitely recommend a neckalce and agree with PP that it should be closer to your neck and not something that falls down close to the top of the dress.
  • Options
    Wear a close to the neck necklace or a choker, and probably one that's more delicate - not a statement piece. 
    panther
  • Options
    Awesome - thank you ladies :)
    We bought a simple stone necklace for our bridesmaids so maybe I can try to find a similar one but on a shorter chain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bare-neck-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:b0430325-8803-4ef2-90df-96d76c868ea9Post:b7f177b8-e94d-4b6d-92a3-7ff27f95cdb4">Re: Bare neck or jewelry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was also thinking delicate. Either something with one stone or small stones all around.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Agree
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I did not wear a necklace with my dress and I had way less detail.  Personally I would not wear a necklace.  
  • Options
    I would definitely wear something, especially if you are going to be wearing your hair up - just a chain with a small, simple pendant would do.  I didn't wear a necklace in my e-pics with a strapless top, and after I got the photos back I felt I looked unfinished.  FWIW, my dress is also strapless sweetheart with beading, and I'm going to wear a necklace.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I like that idea of a simple neckace. I like necklaces with all strapless dresses
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to ask about earrings!  Studs or long?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bare-neck-jewelry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b0430325-8803-4ef2-90df-96d76c868ea9Post:c64e2c3c-477e-4df4-bf6d-d0fe835682f3">Re: PIP - Bare neck or jewelry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot to ask about earrings!  Studs or long?
    Posted by heatherdutcher[/QUOTE]

If you're going with the necklace, definitely studs. A necklace and long earrings is too much IMO. Either long chandelier earrings and no necklace, or necklace with studs (or a tiny drop earring).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards