Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

tux color/accessories with pink

Having a hard time deciding on tux color and accessories with tuxes.  BP, just a MOH, in blush/rosy pink.  What do you think about a charcoal grey instead of black?  Also, can one just do a regular tie and no vest? Groom in white tie, BM in pink tie, and I dont want to make him wear a pink vest too, haha.  Suggestions please and thank you.

Re: tux color/accessories with pink

• Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm partial to black for tuxes, but I think charcol grey would look nice with pink. The pink ties are also a good touch if you're going for a splash of pink. You could also do a black vest with a pink tie so he's not covered in pink. I'm almost inclined to think that if you don't want a vest or cumberbund and grey instead of black, why not just go with a nice suit instead of tuxes? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or even a nice light gray would like nice too. We are opting to go with gray tuxes over black, and my BMs will be in a light pink most likely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I'm sure that the local tuxedo shops can dress an mannequin for you and show you different combinations.  The bottom line is that it is YOUR wedding and a grey tuxedo or a charcoal one or a navy blue one or a dark chocolate brown one -- It's your choice and part of the fun of making a wedding unique is the ability to individualize it  with color and still retain a timeless appeal.

The late Justin Wilson, humorist and chef, was frequently asked "What kind of wine goes with fish?" He would reply, "What kind of wine do you like? - That's what goes with fish!"

Anyone who tells you that for YOUR WEDDING, there's only one way to do it and you can't work your colors into the gentlemen's attire, should not be presumed to be an authority on the subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards