Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

can't decide between 1 dresses... opinions??

I bought a dress already and was having second doubts. I went back to davids bridal yesterday and tryed on a bunch of dresses and then I tryed on the dress I bought and I still liked it, so ok good. Then i tried on another dress. UGH i loove it! Its much more expensive tho. Im getting married on the beach, with the recieption in a ball room.The wedding is very small, 25 of our immidete family and best friends. 

I dont know what one to pick. My mom told me to get the dress that i love and she will pay for it, but I just dont know if i can spend all that money on a dress and i cant even show it off to the world.

heres the dress i bought

im keeping the bow but replacing the beading on the belt with something like this one

and heres the dress that i feel in lovve with.

heres the kicker.. my wedding is august of this year so I need to get a dress like yesterday!

Is it ok not to LOVE your dress. I mean is that normal? Or do u just not stop looking untill you find the one?
I dont know what to do.

Re: can't decide between 1 dresses... opinions??

• Options

For your beach wedding, I like the the dress you bought better.  But, its hard to say for sure without actually seeing them on you.  Some of the dresses I LOVED look horrid on me.  So, by the models, I would pick the one you got.

Also, I don't LOVE my dress either. It fits well on my body, and it was in my budget and I think its a beautiful dress.   Based on what I see around here on TK, I don't think that's particularly abnormal.  Some people do have that "moment", but lots of us buy dresses that fit us and our budget. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_cant-decide-between-1-dresses-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:b5885723-2fc9-44c4-9245-30055839efeePost:dfc6fa34-d897-40a2-b414-d52fdbcb0ba9">Re: can't decide between 1 dresses... opinions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]For your beach wedding, I like the the dress you bought better.  But, its hard to say for sure without actually seeing them on you.  Some of the dresses I LOVED look horrid on me.  So, by the models, I would pick the one you got. <strong>Also, I don't LOVE my dress either. It fits well on my body, and it was in my budget and I think its a beautiful dress.   Based on what I see around here on TK, I don't think that's particularly abnormal.  Some people do have that "moment", but lots of us buy dresses that fit us and our budget</strong>. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This! And it's also why we tell brides to stop looking when you buy your dress. Even after the wedding I've looked at dresses and had envy. But, my dress was perfect for me, in my budget, and worked with our wedding. No tears.

Stick with your original dress, it's very pretty and I love the belt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I actually prefer the 1st dress to the 2nd one, regardless of location. 
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks ladies :)

• Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_cant-decide-between-1-dresses-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:b5885723-2fc9-44c4-9245-30055839efeePost:5558711e-9e55-4cf2-9feb-4816e428c232">Re: can't decide between 1 dresses... opinions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: can't decide between 1 dresses... opinions?? : This! And it's also why we tell brides to stop looking when you buy your dress. Even after the wedding I've looked at dresses and had envy. But, my dress was perfect for me, in my budget, and worked with our wedding. No tears. Stick with your original dress, it's very pretty and I love the belt.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I know that was my mistake! I bought my dress, came home walkin inside and there was The Knot magizine with 750 dresses sitting on my couch!</div>
  • Options
    The second dress is super heavy, based on that alone go for the first dress, also the first dress is stunning.
  • Options
    To be honest, I very much prefer the 1st dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer the first dress to the second one for a beach wedding.
  • Options
    I'd stick with the first.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the first one a lot better.  The skirt on #2 is way too busy for me. 
  • Options
    I agree with everyone above - I'd stick with #1!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Definitely stick wtih dress 1 -- it's more classic (less chance of laughing "what was I thinking?!" 20 years down the line), and would be much more appropriate for a beach wedding. 
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards