Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

summer wedding bridesmaid dress color help!

My main wedding color will be mostly dark green. the bouquets will have some various colored wildflowers- mostly red, blue, and purple and surrounded by greenery. the bridesmaids will be wearing leopard print shoes, but i cannot decide what color bridesmaid dresses should be. dark brown? black? tan? ahh help!

Re: summer wedding bridesmaid dress color help!

• Options
    I think you could go with black cocktail dresses if you want to. Daytime or evening wedding?
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Inside or outside wedding? I think black would be great for inside, but might get hot for outside. If you're doing outside, tan seems the way to go. I'm also throwing grey into the arena. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think black dresses are fine for an evening wedding any time of year.  Day weddings should probably be lighter
  • Options
    In Response to Re:summer wedding bridesmaid dress color help!:[QUOTE]I think black dresses are fine for an evening wedding any time of year.nbsp; Day weddings should probably be lighter Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I think black cocktail dresses are fine.  Or since your "main colour" is dark green why not do dark green dresses?  They'd look good with wildflowers.
  • Options

I prefer light green , as it's a summer wedding , black or brown are not good :0

• Options
    It's an evening wedding in June in WA state. june can be anywhere from cool and rainy to bright and warm.
  • Options
    IMO, I like the idea of tan dresses.  But, honestly, I would ask your BMs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    As someone who is quite pale, I know from experience that tan can be very hard for some skintones to wear and may wash out the ladies' faces in photographs.  I like the idea of some shade of green, as it will be nice backdrop for and won't conflict with the flowers for attention.  In my mind, a dark green would also work with the leopard print shoes.  Greens with blue undertones (like an emerald) are more universally flattering than greens with a yellow undertone (like an olive).
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options
    Sooo I'm starting to really like the  David's Bridal colors "gem" and "peacock", but I'm trying to figure out if either of these go with the jaguar print shoes?? Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards