Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Should I make these alterations??? (Heavy PIP & a little long) Help Please!!

Hello! Ok, so I bought my dress in June and it finally came in a couple weeks ago. The dress shop says to give them at least 8 weeks for alterations. Since I bought the dress I've been suffering from crazy awful dress regrets. Mostly because of the skirt. At first I thought it was flowy and cloud like. I really liked it. But now that I look at the pictures and pictures of other people in the dress ( I also saw it on Four Weddings) I realize that it doesn't look pretty on camera or film. It looks like a big tulle mess and is all over the place. So I've been shopping for another dress (I know crazy, right?) and then I ran into this one at DB. I looks sort of like mine but a lot neater. I think I like the skirt on this one a lot better. So a couple of questions: do you think this would be difficult for the alterations person to do? How much do you think it might cost? Do you think it would look ok on my dress? Should I do it? Would it make my dress regrets go away? I know it's a lot of questions, so just answer what you can. I really appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Here are the links to the dresses:

And here are the pix!

"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I make these alterations??? (Heavy PIP & a little long) Help Please!!

• Options
    I actually think yours looks neater than the DB one.  Unrelated, yours reminds me of cotton candy for some reason, which is fabulous, so I vote to keep it as is!
  • Options
    I agree! It looks more wispy and whimsical. The DB looks too structured.

However, it really seems like you should take it to a seamstress to see what she suggests.

If you're ever up in Dallas, there is a seamstress that ALL of the Dallas Knotties use and we swear by her. She's also WAY cheaper than the boutiques.:)
  • Options
     I like yours best.
  • Options

I have to say, I like your gown much better - the DB one doesn't look finished.  The tulle looks like an afterthought on the hips, whereas on your gown it is a part of the design.  But, as PPs have said, only a trip to the seamstress can help.  She might have another suggestion to help you think it looks neater. 

• Options
    Agree with PPs yours looks sooo much better than the DB one.  Leave it!
  • Options
    :-D Thanks everyone! I'm really surprised that no one else thought my skirt was a hot mess! I'll keep it as is then but talk to a seamstress about my concerns. Thanks for makin my day ladies!
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're concerned about what a tulle skirt looks like on film, buying another dress that also has a tulle skirt is not going to noticably change that. However, I agree that it looks fine.
  • Options
    but its the belle dress!!! please keep the belle dress. its SO beautiful. my FI proposed at beauty and the beasts play and i wanted to love the belle dress so much, but it just didnt work out :( i saw the one at davids in person, it is similar to the belle dress, but not nearly as pretty. Belle has so much more detail and i like the skirt so much better
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_should-i-make-these-alterations-heavy-pip-a-little-long-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ba546991-4d3f-43f3-9189-90b7db67c263Post:a59b42ff-e46b-48e8-919d-063c01e62a36">Re: Should I make these alterations??? (Heavy PIP & a little long) Help Please!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Want to buy the most beautiful  wedding dresses ? Want to buy the best quality wedding dresses? Want to buy the cheapest wedding dresses? What are you waiting for, go try here- <a href="http://www.yafex.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.yafex.com</a>  .Let the important day in your heart forever!
    Posted by aresf[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You can't advertise here

</div>
  • Options
    i like yours better!!! :) so pretty on you !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards