Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

anyone familiar with charmeuse fabric?

i ordered my wedding dress without actually seeing it in person and with 5 months before my wedding...the original salon i ordered from called me a months after i piad my deposit and said they can't get the dress in.  i went into panic but found another store who can order it, but it's not coming in until september. 

my wedding is on october 28 so that makes me a little nervous becuase tha leaves almost no time for alterations.  the salon owner measured me a perfect size 4 and said the fabric clings nicely (i should note that i've stayed the same weight for about 4 years). 

does charmeuse fabic fit well and pretty true to size? the salon onwers are saying i shouldn't need alterations but i'd like some reassurance:)  or permission to panic!

Re: anyone familiar with charmeuse fabric?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_anyone-familiar-with-charmeuse-fabric?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:bcbeb9d5-cce4-4c03-b034-bf37033c0712Post:03bf67f3-7bb6-4374-9f11-bd9c910132ea">anyone familiar with charmeuse fabric?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i ordered my wedding dress without actually seeing it in person and with 5 months before my wedding...the original salon i ordered from called me a months after i piad my deposit and said they can't get the dress in.  i went into panic but found another store who can order it, but it's not coming in until september.  my wedding is on october 28 so that makes me a little nervous becuase tha leaves almost no time for alterations.  the salon owner measured me a perfect size 4 and said the fabric clings nicely (i should note that i've stayed the same weight for about 4 years). <strong> does charmeuse fabic fit well and pretty true to size?</strong> the salon onwers are saying i shouldn't need alterations but i'd like some reassurance:)  or permission to panic!
    Posted by christinavy[/QUOTE]

Yeah... this makes no sense.  Whether something fits true to size doesn't have anything to do with the fabric.  The fabric may affect whether it looks good on you, but as long as it's cut correctly it will fit.
  • Options
    I wasn't sure if it was stretchy like jersey becuase that will cling.
    i tried on a dress of another fabric in a size 6 and it was so big I couldn't keep it up...so i think fabric does affect fit.

i am very comfortable with the way i look, thanks:) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards