Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

need help ASAP re: groom and groomsmen attire

hello all! our wedding is in less than 4 weeks and we still have not decided on what my fiance will be wearing. my fiance does not really know what he wants and i'm trying to help him. as a background we are having a daytime wedding at an inn on the water, with a semi-formal feel to it.

the groom and groomsmen will be wearing this tuxedo:

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10002_10601_10145_-1_10002_Base_10651_?cm_vc=40168

and groomsmen ties that look similar to these to match bridesmaids who will be in a deep plum color (cant find the exact ones)

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10051_10575_10601_204082_-1_10575_Base_10051_?cm_vc=40169

my dress is a light ivory color.

now, i personally do not like vests and didnt know how to match a vest to these ties without making it look to busy. so we are doing the tuxes with only ties.  my question is, what should we have my fiance wear? i initially liked the idea of an ivory tie to match me, but ive never seen an ivory tie without a vest, and i dont think we could put him in a vest and not have the groomsmen in vests.

my other idea is to do a simple black tie with no vest

or are we crazy and do we HAVE to have a vest?

please let me know what you think- im panicking as the wedding is less than a month away- i need advice asap!!!

thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need help ASAP re: groom and groomsmen attire

• Options
    You don't HAVE to have vests, but rental ties usually look goofy without them, because they're short and oddly shaped. They look awkward when the jacket is removed. It's ok to have your groom in a vest and the groomsmen without if that appeals more to you.
  • Options
    our groosmen ties are not rental, we purchased them separately, do you think that will make a difference?

• Options
    on another message board i was told that tuxedos should not be worn during the day.... that kind of stresses me out. its too late to change things now. i didnt realize that was a "rule"

• Options
    If you purchased them separately, they should look fine without vests. Also, the rule about tuxes during the day is an old one, and one that is not strictly followed anymore. You'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards