Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dyeing tulle under a dress

Hi girls,
Has anyone dyed the tulle under your dress?  I want to do this, but am unsure about the process... does a seamstress just remove it and then I'll get it dyed then they sew it back in??  I just dyed my shoes orange, and I want to dye the tulle underneath the same color.
Thanks!
Jessica 10/2/2010!
My Planning Bio

Re: Dyeing tulle under a dress

• Options
    When I have seen dyed crinolines, they are a separate garment that is worn under the dress, not the tulle that is part of the dress. I'm not sure whether what you're describing is even possible.
  • Options
    I just googled a dyed crinoline, and that's totally the look I'm looking for!  For some reason I assumed that was more of a DIY dyed look... Thanks!
    Jessica 10/2/2010!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Well, yeah, you can DIY th dyeing...what I was trying to point out was that most ladies who do this just buy a separate crinoline and dye it. They don't cut the crinoline out of their gown and dye it--I'm not sure if this can be done without serious harm to the dress.
  • Options
    It is a diy look, it's just that the crinoline isn't part of the dress. I believe it has to go in the washing machine to get dyed so it would be impossible to do it attached to the dress.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I would look into maybe not doing it....if it is infact something on the dress your seamstess can remove, jsut have her replace it with colored tulle... don't go through the hassle of dyeing it.  Any super synthetic fabric such as that would not dye well DIY  Regular RIT dye would not work on it.  there are so many tulles out there that are in so many beautiful colors, see if your seamstess can just add a layer or two of the color you want into your dress without taking the whole thing appart.  if infact you just want the crinoline under the dress...then that is a different story, but I would also go with the pre made/colored stuff..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards