Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Brides Against Breast Cancer

Has anyone here done it?  What designers do they carry?

It looks like a great opportunity to find a cool dress for a good price.  Means I'll have to go without my mama, but what can you do?
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brides Against Breast Cancer

• Options
    I haven't been to one of their sales, but I know that all of their gowns are donated (I donated my gown to them), so they carry whatever designers they can get.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    i bought a dress for them, a maggie sottero giant ball gown and I only paid five hundred for it, they do carry what ever they are donated, but I saw everything from davids bridal to vera wang. it was an awesome experience
  • Options
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to it.  I'm going to do the champagne brunch and pre-sale, and I figure that if I don't find a dress, the money still goes to a good cause.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought my dress at the sale in Raleigh, NC. It is a La Sposa dress with the original sales tags still on it, never worn.  The price was extremely reasonable and the sale was the only way I was able to afford such a nice dress.  All of the saleswomen we extremely gracious and helpful.  I can offer a few tips that helped me if you are plan to go.
    1. Get there early, maybe 45 minutes to an hour before it starts.  I happened to arrive early because I always have trouble parking downtown but brides were already lined up outside.
    2. I would strongly advise you to wear more modest undergarments.  I wore spanx and a bustier i had from another wedding I was in.  The sale was set up in a large ballroom and the dressing room was a smaller space off to the side wit small spaces for each girl.
    3. It was helpful to have an idea of what I did and did not like, try on dresses before.  Don't go with a specific dress in mind but try to think of styles, designers, specific details that you like.  I have a hard time saying no to salespeople so one of my bridesmaids made a collage with me one night of pictures of dresses I liked.  I kept it my purse to be able to show the saleswoman working with me and my little entourage, silly... I know, but I found it helpful. 
    4. You open up your selection if you are willing to go up a size or two and then have it tailored to fit. 
    Enjoy the sale, I hope you find it as helpful as I did. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards