Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding-Dress-Bee and Light In the Box- Bridesmaids Dresses

Has anyone bought any dresses from Wedding-Dress-Bee or Light In the Box? I know they are based in China and are knock-offs, but just wondeirng if overall are they easy to deal with and is the quality of the dresses okay?

Re: Wedding-Dress-Bee and Light In the Box- Bridesmaids Dresses

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-bee-and-light-in-the-box-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:c514ccde-48b7-42ad-93ad-0af5e83b5e30Post:af850b21-e6ae-4ad2-82a1-087d528fba88">Wedding-Dress-Bee and Light In the Box- Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone bought any dresses from Wedding-Dress-Bee or Light In the Box?<strong> I know they are based in China and are knock-offs, but just wondeirng if overall are they easy to deal with and is the quality of the dresses okay?</strong>
    Posted by Fareda27[/QUOTE]

Really....what do you think?

Please read the FAQ sticky at the top.  And remember, you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Please do not buy a knock off from China.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dont agree with above,chinese wedding dress is good quality and far cheaper than other places.And china is famous for producing silk,you can experience different feeling to try the dress on .
  • Options
    Hello,

I found a dress about 6 months ago that I absolutely love and i've searched high and low for the designer to no avail Cry.  I'd resigned myself to the fact that i'm going to have to have it made but after reading the posts in this thread i'm now worried.  I have four bridesmaids so it could be an expensive mistake!  This is the dress (below two links).  Does anybody know where I could find the original please?

Thank you for your help! xxx

http://pinterest.com/pin/283586107756546034/

http://pinterest.com/pin/283586107756576973/
  • Options
    Don't do it!  I unfortunately didn't know a site was a knockoff until too late for my BM dresses.  When they came in, they were alllllllllllll wrong!  We aren't even using the dresses.

• Options
    Light in the Box designs their own dresses.  They are not knock offs... if you happen to fall in love with something from their site, you will not find it elsewhere.  I bought my wedding dress from there and YES, there were some problems.
    1) They made the bust an inch smaller than they were supposed to.  
    2) There was a weird thing with my bust cup (there was a drawing on it!) and I had to have that replaced.

I emailed them pictures and within three days I had a $100 refund so that I could do alterations here.  It turned out my alterations cost $62 so I came out ahead!  I also happened to lose 15 Lbs, just a lucky thing, I didn't need the dress altered bigger, but I had wanted a lace up back so I did that alteration anyway.

Anyhow, I was super scared to order from there, but my MOH convinced me that I should buy the dress I was in love with, and in the end, I'm so happy I did.  As it turns out, my drycleaning bill will be more than the cost of the dress.  BUT, I'm doing it anyway, because my mother says the one thing she regretted was  not having her dress cleaned after the wedding.
    The family picture attached shows the most of the dress that we have in one picture.

• Options
    PS  Seeing the pictures I am a little annoyed that my photographer didn't let me in on the fact that my petticoat was showing.  Seriously.  The lady who altered it shortened it just a TINY bit too much and I had to have the petticoat a bit high.  Ugh I hope it isn't showing in all the pics when I get them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards