Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Hose vs. None? I know NOTHING about them.

So my BM dresses are short, and only one of them planned on tanning. (I'm not going to be all, "you HAVE to get a tan!!!" to them because I don't tan. And I'm pale. So it's whatever. I also neverrrr wear hose.) But my mom posed the question of whether or not they were wearing hose...which made me start thinking. And they all seem on board with the idea...but they're shoes are peep-toed and I'm not sure how that'll look. But one of my BMs said they make toeless hose. ANYWAY I guess what I'm trying to ask is what do you guys think of hose with the dresses? And if so, would just regular (not toeless) ones look okay? Or does that look weird? ANDDD...my MOH is wearing different shoes...more high heeled sandal-type. Would hose look weird with those?

Re: Hose vs. None? I know NOTHING about them.

• Options
    I agree with PP in giving your girls the option to do as they please on this one. I hate hosiery, but do wear it on the occasional cold day (like right now!). Toeless hosiery feels kind of weird on your feet. Depending on the cut of the shoes, the edge can still show. They will just have to try it on to see how it looks/feels
  • Options
    My sister was once in a wedding in Virginia in June (read: about 95 degrees outside) and unbeknownst to the bride, her lovely southern Wedding Coordinator ISSUED hose to all of the bridesmaids and MADE them all wear them.  Because, you know, in her mind, a proper southern girl would never leave the house without hose on.   She even checked to make sure they were wearing them (pinch test!).  

Anyway, I think it's a personal decision if your bridesmaids want to wear hose or not.   You shouldn't make them, or ask them to, or anything.  If they want to, then they will.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I'm personally anti pantyhose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hose?  People still wear those?  I can't say I've ever worn hose in my entire life.  I guess I just like to slut it up by showing my bare legs =]

I'd let them go without (unless they want to wear them).  I personally don't think that people are going to be paying enough attention to notice them wearing hose with peep toe shoes, although I'd look into the type of open-toe hose that PPs mentioned.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow, I wear hose all the time for work. Mostly under my dress pants in the winter because it's cold up here. I don't usually wear hose in the summer unless I am going to a professional event where I am wearing a suit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_hose-vs-none-nothing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:c587aa76-5238-47ac-b711-f7073af888baPost:7e0f9786-e3b4-468f-971a-d29b6ba39f62">Re: Hose vs. None? I know NOTHING about them.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hose?  People still wear those?  I can't say I've ever worn hose in my entire life.  I guess I just like to slut it up by showing my bare legs =]</strong> I'd let them go without (unless they want to wear them).  I personally don't think that people are going to be paying enough attention to notice them wearing hose with peep toe shoes, although I'd look into the type of open-toe hose that PPs mentioned.
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHA! My thoughts exactly!

I have only worn hose a couple times and I hate them. I wear tights on occasion when it's cold out, but other than that bare slut legs for me!

I'd let your BM's decide whether or not they want to wear hose. Some may prefer it, some may not.

• Options
    I'm not a fan either...in fact I was in a wedding about a year ago and wore them.  I found it incredibly difficult to use the ladies room while schlepping around in a BM dress and hose.
  • Options
    no one should ever ever ever wear hose with open toed shoes, it looks silly and ridiculous, besides the fact that they are outdated. Also if it is warm enough that the girls can wear open toe shoes, why do they need the hose to begin with? 
  • Options
    I say let the girls decide for themselves what mAkes them most comfortable. Being very pale and having uneven skin tone, I'm most comfortable wearing them in short skirts, but if I had the skin, I would ditch them and quick.
  • Options
    Hose with open toe shoes is a major no no.  I hate wearing them in general!  They never stay up and then they get all bunchy and it's just a mess.  I say skip them all together and let them be comfortable.  I also think it's weird when pale girls (like me) wear hose and their legs are "tan" and then the rest of the exposed skin is still super white!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I just wouldn't mention it to the girls. If anyone wants to wear hose, they will, if not, they won't. I can't see that it would make a difference if some do and some don't. 
  • Options
    Toeless hose (they are different than sandalfoot!) should be worn with open toe shoes. If you wear regular pantyhose with an open toe that is a TOTAL fashion faux pas!! Toeless pantyhose are sometimes difficult to find but you can usually find something at the local department store. It won't work with a very strappy shoe however since you will see the band of the hose on the foot and that would look hideous. More people should wear hose since a lot of people have veiny, cellulite ridden legs. It makes everything look nicer.
  • Options
    Pantyhose with open shoes make the Baby Jesus cry.  Please don't!

"Air Stocking": and bye bye pantyhose forever!  You can find it at Nordstroms in the winter and most good department stores the rest of the year.

ywia
  • Options
    hose is definitely a must if they are wearing short dresses, unless your wedding is in the summer and they will tan naturally. if not then you can take the seam of the pantyhose and tuck it under your toes so A) you are not walking on the seam and B) so you dont see it. hope that helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wear pantyhose (or sheer nude tights) all the time with dresses/skirts in the cooler months or when I need to look professional in a dress or skirt.  My legs are pasty white and I'm genetically blessed with varicose veins.  Plus I like how hose/tights smooth everything out without leaving a mid-thigh bulge.  However, I only wear hose with closed toe shoes.  I agree with a lot of people here...leave it up to the individual.  I know I wouldn't want my pasty white, veiny legs to be on public display uncovered but not everyone feels that way and some people have great legs. 
  • Options

I wear Panty hose, but mostly to add a layer during the fall and winter, (but I live in Wisconsin, so that's most of the year.)

As far as fashion goes, Kate Middleton seems to be bringing them back, but they are one Tim Gunn's biggest pet peeves. I guess no one can agree on them. Maybe it's best to the girls individually.

• Options
    Hose is only a good idea if you're getting married in a church that is funny about that sort of thing. I grew up wearing hose until I was 16 and "rebelled." The toeless ones look silly, especially if the hose is a different color from the wearer's skin. And wearing regular hose with a peep-toe would look silly to me as well. The seam would show. Not to mention, if your ladies aren't used to wearing them, they can easily slip and slide in their shoes and fall on their butt if they aren't ready for that.

However, you and your bridal party would probably be the only ones aware of the little things I've said. At the end of the day, I don't think your entire family is going to say "OH ma G. I could totally see the seams in so-in-so's hose!" :)
  • Options
    I am not a fan of pantyhose in 2012. I say that if you don't feel comfortable enough to wear a dress or skirt without them, then wear something different. There is nothing cute about panythose. It's a little old ladyish for my taste. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards