Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Surprise baby!

I've been planing my wedding for about a year now and i knew as soon as i was engaged that I wanted to be a kleinfeld bride so we went and we picked out and purchased what i felt was the perfect dress.  Well last week we got a bfp on a home pregnancy test.  With timing I'll be about 17 weeks pregnant on the big day.  Both our families are very Catholic and it was going to be a traditional catholic wedding so now I don't know how i'll deal with my dress, what if i go to the final fitting so close to the wedding and it doesn't fit any more?!  Do i pick out a whole new dress?  Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Surprise baby!

• Options
    I'm sorry, I don't really mean to be one of "those" people, but what the heck is purchested?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you don't start to show until around 3 months. Sounds like you'll just be after 4 months by your wedding. I'm pretty sure you can go in to have your dress let out to accomodate any baby bump (which will likely still be pretty small @ 4 months)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    First of all, CONGRATS on the baby!  Yes, it throws a huge monkey wrench into your plans and it will totally change your lives before you probably planned, but it's still really exciting!  
    To answer your question, it kind of depends on what your dress is like and how it can be altered.  If it's really tight and fitted on top and has a lot of beading or complicated details, it's going to be a lot harder and more expensive to let out, but if it's loose and flowy you'll probably only need to let out the bust.  If you haven't called Kleinfeld's, do it NOW.  They're experts and I'm positive you're not the first bride that's had to deal with a surprise pregnancy.  Since they know what your dress looks like and they have an expert alterations team, they'll be the best resource to check with. 
    I've never been pregnant, but from what I heard every woman's body starts showing at different times.  Usually though, if it's your first you probably won't start showing until your second trimester, though your breasts will start growing long before that if they haven't already!
    Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    Aw, congrats!  Perhaps not ideal timing, but is it ever?  Anyway, I just had a baby, and I see a lot of pregnant women at my job (ultrasound).  At 17 weeks you'll probably be showing but won't be really big yet, I would guess a seamstress would be able to let out the seams enough to fit.  I also think you should call Kleinfeld's and ask their opinion, they'll have dealt with this before and know the specifics of your dress.

As for the uber-Catholic families...good luck with that :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone is different. You may only be showing a little bit. If the back is a corset style (which it can be altered to be), that may be enough to let the dress fit or you may additionally need to let the seams out a bit and it should probably work for you. They can also add a panel in the back for more room if they are adding a corset back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards