Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ivory Dress Problem

My dress just came in and I absolutely think it's the most beautiful dress in the world.  One problem, the dress is much, more more ivory then I expected - not the "soft white" or "antinquey white" I was going for.

I've gotten over the fact that it's not exactly the color I wanted, I don't think there's anything I can do at this point, (and it's still beautiful), however I ordered my flower girl dresses in white thinking they would be fine.. WRONG it looks awful!!1

The girls dresses are whtie satin and chiffon so i'm not sure I can dye them, and I'm not sure it's in our budget let alone timeline to buy new dresses and have them altered... any advice?  Really afraid how yellow they are going to make me look.

Thanks girls!

Re: Ivory Dress Problem

• Options
    What exactly looks awful?  The color of the flower girls dress against your ivory dress?  It'll be fine.  

I don't want diminish your concern by stating that it's probably not a big deal, but it's not a big deal that your flower girl's dress is white and your dress is ivory.  This is something that is not going to make anyone stop in their tracks or do a double-take.  Put this out of your mind and go on to other things.  :) 
  • Options
    Talk to the place where you ordered the dresses.  If the FG dresses are dyeable, they'll know (and probably be able to do it). 

And if not, other than pics with the FGs, you probably won't be super close to the FGs a lot, so the color difference won't be so obvious.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    It's not a problem if they don't match. The girls will not be standing next to you all night.

That said, if you do feel the need to make a change, you can save time and money by checking out department stores and children's clothing companies for pretty dresses, or by checking to see what's on ebay. There's no need to shell out big bucks for a dress just because it happens to be ivory, so there's no need for it to be advertised as a "flower girl" dress.
  • Options
    I'm not sure of your wedding colors but maybe you could try adding yellow accents to the white dresses. Yellow sashes and hair garlands will make the ivory then pale in comparison. 
  • Options
    My dress is ivory, my FG's dress is white.  I got her dress when I was planning on wearing a green dress.  I think it will be fine.  I have a colorful sash for her to wear, and my MOHs are wearing brown.  If the dresses are different fabrics, it's even less of an issue IMHO.

Another thing  - I tried on my dress in Ivory in the bridal shop, and after I bought it and looked at it at home, I was SHOCKED at how IVORY it was, even though I had seen it in that color before.  I think it's just a lighting thing, and the same is probably true for your dress, too.
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine as many of the previous posters said above!  Having that color contrast as well, will help make you the center of photographs as well - see the pictures below where the bridesmaids were wearing white, and the bride was wearing ivory :) Super beautiful!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    I think it will be fine you may not even notice the difference in photos. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards