Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dark Purple for Fall Wedding?

Hi - So I'm planning an Oct 2013 wedding and wanted to use a dark purple for the bridesmaids but still use some of the fall colors I love so much. Will that look weird?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dark Purple for Fall Wedding?

• Options
    Absolutely! My wedding is this October - I'm doing a mulberry shade and working in some orange. The fall palette is beautiful!
  • Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm an October 2012 board and a lot of girls on my month board are using various shades of purple.

Your colours don't have to be "seasonal" you can do whatever you want.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dark purple goes amazing with fall colors...just imagine one of these bouquets next to a dark purple dress...gorgeous and the flowers will really pop!

• Options
    I'm october 2013 as well and we are doing Concord, Forrest, and Ivory.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I'm November and using dark purple and dark teal!
  • Options
    We're in November and going with a royal purple :)  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our colors are dark purple and black for our November wedding, but a nice green or golden, even red can look nice with purple as well!  Or a burnt orange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks - you have all been so helpful. Every fall wedding I've been to the dresses were chocolate or mocha. I wanted to steer away from that and go bolder. I love the purple with the orange flowers.  I'm trying to take what I see in my head and work it all out and all you helped me see it,  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Purple is a great fall color.  Plum especially seems to go with the other typical fall colors.

My friend is having a late september wedding.  She's going with plum, cranberry, and copper.

I'm just getting into my own wedding planning so I don't have tons of shopping experience, but from a cake decorator standpoint, I see a lot of purple with a darker red, or a burnt orange/dark orange.  It also goes well with a dark green or teal.  Try going with a more saturated palette if you really want to pull "fall" into it.

My only tip is be careful how halloweeny you get.  We do a lot of purple/orange/black and purple/orange/green on halloween cupcakes.  But those are generally very bright versions of the colors.
  • Options
    I went to a fall wedding last year where BM dresses were plum.  The bouquets had orange & yellow in them.  It looked good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards