Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Trying to decide!

Okay, I think I want some objective opinions on this! I bought this first dress (all lace) thinking I loved it, but I keep second-guessing and thinking about this other dress I tried on. The second dress is more the style my fiance likes (I would also change the sash to be white instead of champagne), but one downfall is that it's charmeuse-- so it would wrinkle much more easily. Both are really comfy... I bought the lace one because partially because I love the back of it... but, before I walked into the store, I had seen the charmeuse one online and thought for sure that was the one I was going to buy. I also found out recently that I have a good friend who purchased the same lace dress for her own wedding... I think that's throwing me off a bit, even if I love the dress (though her wedding is a completely different season/"feel").

Everyone says the guest list is the hardest part of planning... for me, it's been "dress regret" that's been the hardest!

Thoughts? (Disregard the silly "I don't know what to do with my hands" photos, ha! Also, the back of the lace dress is a complete V-- the bra I tried it on with cuts that off a bit-- I would have bra cups sewn into the dress if I keep this.)

(EDITED TO REMOVE PHOTOS... thanks everyone :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trying to decide!

• Options
    I prefer the first one on you. It looks beautiful on you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Both are really beautiful!  I would say though, that the lace one wins it for me - just because you already purchased it and I'm a fan of respecting your first choice ;)
    Also, the charmeuse looks wrinkled in the photo and it's making me think that it will REALLY wrinkle with the sitting/kneeling/what not you will be doing on your wedding day...

I love lace and I think it's super flattering, pretty and romantic :)

• Options
    I LOVE the lace dress!  Your FI will love whatever you end up in because it will be YOU in the dress and you're going to look stunning because you'll be so happy.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Lace one all the way!

• Options
    I'm a big fan of charmuse, my dress is charmuse. But it's also a mermaid so its all tight expect for the train.

Personally, on you I like the lace one better. I think it hugs your body very nicely and makes you look sexy. The other one is just kind of blah for me.
  • Options

You guys are awesome... thanks for letting me be a crazy bridezilla :) You helped more than you know, actually... because, in waiting for your responses, I found myself hoping everyone would say "pick the lace one!" Guess my gut instinct was right the first time :) Thank you!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_trying-to-decide?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:d38ed659-669f-49b0-968a-776d746d3b0dPost:77e29835-3914-4331-a5a0-ce4aa05adf72">Re: Trying to decide!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are awesome... thanks for letting me be a crazy bridezilla :) You helped more than you know, actually... because, in waiting for your responses, I found myself hoping everyone would say "pick the lace one!" Guess my gut instinct was right the first time :) Thank you!!!
    Posted by kwuertz[/QUOTE]

Always go with your gut. And as PP's stated, your FI will love you in anything you come down he aisle in, promise!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards