Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Has anyone else had this issue?

One of my BM's ordered her dress 3 months ago and was told that it would be in on 8/20. She was OOT last week so we went today to go pick it up. When we got there they said that they dress hadn't come in yet and was not due until 9/13 and that we had been mistaken...
so I went home and got out my paperwork which shows what has been ordered and the arrival dates and low and behold the arrival date on there says 8/20. So I called the store and talked to the mgr who told me that there had been a "change in the acct" and that she would e-mail the maker of the dress to find out why there has been the change. 
To me this sounds like the dress was sold before we could pick it up... has anyone else had this happen?

We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)

Re: Has anyone else had this issue?

• Options
    Seeing as how your wedding isn't until April, I wouldn't worry about it.  This happens all the time.  Dresses get pushed back for whatever reason.  If you wedding were 9/20, then you should worry but since you have plenty of time don't stress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It is highly unlikely that the dress was sold considering you ordered it and I'm assuming it was paid for.  Dates get pushed back all the time and like PP said if your wedding was next month you would have reason to stress but you have time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_anyone-else-this-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d7643ceb-cc13-41f0-bb0a-610b2485d52ePost:d3972227-1f2d-4a06-9f9a-a61bfdd3b22d">Re: Has anyone else had this issue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is highly unlikely that the dress was sold considering you ordered it and I'm assuming it was paid for.  Dates get pushed back all the time and like PP said if your wedding was next month you would have reason to stress but you have time.
    Posted by amylydia23[/QUOTE]

This. If your wedding isn't until next April I'd be surprised they ordered the dress yet at all.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards