Attire & Accessories Forum

Will black bridesmaid dresses blend together too much

Im having a hard time deciding on a bridesmaid dress color. My wedding colors are black, red, and silver. I love all of these colors and would be happy with any of them. My only issue is that I do not want to make my bridesmaids pay $200 for a dress they will never wear again and black formal dresses are easier to find than red or silver. Do you think if i go with black they will all blend together? And does anyone have any suggestions for nice dresses in the 100-150 range? Thanks Yall

Re: Will black bridesmaid dresses blend together too much

• in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_will-black-bridesmaid-dresses-blend-together-too-much?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:d80fc149-4e18-43cb-b32c-50dd2d5f1309Post:f8f903b4-cede-4457-97c5-03957bded2da">Re: Will black bridesmaid dresses blend together too much</a>:
    [QUOTE]All black dresses is fine.  Tons of people do black bridesmaides dresses.  You can do a Google search for pics. Bring the color in with flowers and accessories. My girls tried on several Mori Lee bridesmaids dresses in the $150 range. Also try department stores and  White House Black Market.  Target recently came out with a line of bridesmaids dress and they are $70.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Ok! I had no idea target had a bridesmaid dress line. thank so much!
  • If you go with black, you could even have each of your girls pick a dress in the style they like -- you could dictate the length (floor-length, knee-length, whatever), and let them pick a black dress that they like.  They may already own one that will work.
    DSC_9275
  • We got ours at Banana Republic... there are TONS of rewearable dresses there.
  • My BM's were all shapes, sizes and ages (from 16 to 50's). I had each of them choose a black dress they'd wear again. It was last August, so they all chose short LBD's.

I think it's nice to allow them to choose their own, and black has very few different shades, LOL.
  • I got married in a very formal venue that has a really gorgeous grey and gold colour scheme - and I had my bridesmaids in this black dress(http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-br197.html)with white bouquets. When Ive seen photos of other weddings at the same venue (Nonsuch Mansion) a lot of brides have also had bridesmaids in black and it looked really striking. So don’t worry about that. Do what you want - it's your wedding, never mind what other people think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards