Attire & Accessories Forum

What color shoes should my bridesmaids wear?

I am clueless when it comes to fashion decisions. I have my girls in knee lenght pink dresses. The pink is Davids Bridal Watermelon, for those of you who know and I have no idea what color shoes the girls should wear. I want all three of them to be wearing matching shoes since the dresses will all be in the same material but slightly different styles.

Should I have them in pink shoes? Or is that too much? Should I go with white? ivory? silver? I for sure do not want them in black shoes. The wedding is in July I will be wearing an ivory dress and ivory shoes. Also where do I find affordable matching shoes for them?  errr

Can you help me decide what will look good? :) Any fashion forward girls got some advice for me?Laughing

Re: What color shoes should my bridesmaids wear?

• Silver would be best, or nude.

If you are requiring them to have matching shoes, I hope you are buying them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would say silver shoes as well. I got mine from Bakers but DSW has cute ones as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • My BMs wore a pink similar to DB's Watermelon.  Our wedding colors were pink, orange, and brown and since it was in the fall, I opted for gold accents and shoes.

I think that silver, nude, black, or gold could work.

• I wore gold shoes with my watermelon pink dress.  It depends if you're going for a warmer or cooler accent.  Agree with PPs -- gold, silver, nude, bronze would all look refined and rewearable.  Ditto Habs on the statement about buying...
  • Nude shoes will look more chic and modern, in my opinion. I am not really a fan of mettalic shoes with BM dresses. It seems overdone. Plus, your girls could wear the nude ones much more after the wedding. Jessica Simpson has some really beautiful ones. Or, just search by color on zappos.com or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • I like silver for the dresses....but ditto PP's for matching the metallic to whatever jewelry you're wearing or having them wear.

Zappos and Endless are both good options for finding shoes with many sizes - plus then you can return some and get different sizes if they're wrong (both sites have free shipping both ways).
  • I agree with the previous posts about colors. I would recommend gold or ivory personally, but that's my taste and without seeing the specific shade of pink.
    Try Nina shoes, they have lots of lovely options and often they are on sale at Macys or DSW, and are not that expensive to begin with.
    As to who should pay for it, I think that really depends on your circumstances. The optimal solution would be for you to take care of the shoes, but if you are on a tight budget, then see if it is a shoe that each bridesmaid believes that she can wear again and would invest in. They might be able to contribute. If you are not set on a color, then you can always ask the group if they have preference.
  • Nude, bronze, or silver would work.

Please don't make them wear the exact same shoes. What's comfortable for one person might be awful for another. Just specify a color and general style.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards