Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Elope dress vs. reception dress back home

I bought a wedding dress but my fiance and I are going to elope to Hawaii. We plan to have a party when we get back. I am not sure when to wear my wedding dress. My wedding dress would be perfect for either one. Should I just get a party dress for the reception or..?

Re: Elope dress vs. reception dress back home

• Options

Agreed :)

• Options
    I agree with PPs. If you are eloping. You can have a party, but not a reception. But if everyone knows and you are doing a destination wedding then the wedding dress for the wedding and a different dress for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I'd wear your wedding dress for your elopement, and then get a fun white party dress for your celebration when you get back.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_elope-dress-vs-reception-dress-back-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:dc26a667-31f7-4735-bbea-39e12caf24cbPost:6ce4058b-1ed5-4f5c-a7e8-71a3778e6293">Re: Elope dress vs. reception dress back home</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd wear your wedding dress for your elopement, and then get a fun white party dress for your celebration when you get back.
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

This :)
  • Options
    Ladies- We are truly eloping. Just the two of us are going and having the party a few weeks after we get back. I agree with most of what yall said but the party is going to be very similar to a reception so why can't I have a father-daughter dance or why can't people make toasts? We may not do a garter/bouquet toss but there are some things I don't want to miss out on completely. I guess with the wedding dress I really just want everyone to see it because I love it way more than a simple party dress. I mean if I pay hundreds of dollars for an elaborate dress I want as many ppl as possible to see it. And I will spend less than $100 for a party dress. If I get married on a beach I feel that I'm going to get all sweaty and not be as comfortable as I would in a tea length/beach dress. But I don't want the party to be very formal since it is essentially just a party but I'm in between a rock and a hard place. This isn't going to be traditional in many ways at all. Decisions Decisions....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards