Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

groomsmen attire question

I am not loving any of the ties colours the rental places have to choose from. I did however find the perfect ties online. BUT if the groomsmen are renting tuxes, would it look odd if the vest was the same colour as the jacket and the tie was a different colour? Does anyone have pics showing this (I googled a few different phrases but didn't come up with anything helpful)  

Re: groomsmen attire question

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_groomsmen-attire-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:dcfbc181-bebc-4392-970d-0462c725d8aePost:c26e14dd-42f5-49f1-bfef-4423f16e2b8b">groomsmen attire question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not loving any of the ties colours the rental places have to choose from. I did however find the perfect ties online. <strong>BUT if the groomsmen are renting tuxes, would it look odd if the vest was the same colour as the jacket and the tie was a different colour?</strong> Does anyone have pics showing this (I googled a few different phrases but didn't come up with anything helpful)  
    Posted by a&j2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm confused by this.  Are you saying that the vests would be black to match the jackets?  It will look totally fine to have a different colored tie with that combo.  Are you saying that the vest is green (or whatever color you've chosen) and the jacket is too?  That sounds a bit weird to me.</div><div>
    </div><div>Bottom line, having the tie different from the vest is not a problem.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Tuxes" are a very dark brown; we are looking to see what it looks like if we have the vests also be very dark brown and the ties be an "accent colour"
  • Options
    I think it would look fine! I like the mis-match look. My FI is going to not even where a tux. He's wearing a gray tweed suit with a bowtie :)

It definitely doesn't have to be a traditional look - i think being unique is great!
  • Options
    a&j2012a&j2012 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012

This is something similar to what they have picked out.
    We weren't able to find brown suits in our area that were under $350 (which is over the guys budget) and my fiance really wants to wear brown (the girls dresses are also brown).
    I am hoping to just have a different colour tie but can't visualize it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards