Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

bridal party colors when the bride's dress is BLUSH!?

Hi there...
so here's my problem...

I'm having my wedding and reception at the Viceroy Palm Springs which is decorated in a crisp white with accents in black, canary yellow and pewter.  I was going to go with these colors but I just found "THE DRESS" and it just so happens to be BLUSH!  OY.

Blush as in...akin to an ivory at night and under lights...slight pink cast in daylight.  I think it will clash with canary yellow next to it so I now have NO idea as to what to put the groom, MOH, and BM in!!  We each have one attendant and I just don't want us to be all haphazard in our colors.  Any thoughts?  Outside wedding...reception is in a room that's mostly shades of gray/white/mirrored with deco lighting...

I'm using the hotel's canary yellow chairs and black and white couches for a lounge area so perhaps use the yellow as an accent only?  It's an "old Hollywood" kind of boutique hotel...

HELP!

Re: bridal party colors when the bride's dress is BLUSH!?

• Options
    I would try pinks and yellows- maybe black too.
    Im a visual person... can you post a picture of this venue? do they have a website?
    I glad you found the dress though! Blush is a very beautiful color!
  • Options
    It's not going to clash.  Trust me, I'm a painter; there are very few colors that don't work together.  If you're really concerned, put the girls in black with a yellow sash, or with yellow flowers.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I think black would be really elegant and so would grey. I love the colour blush so I'm excited to see a pic of your gown!
  • Options
    I think black would be perfect and very chic.  The yellow just depends on the shade.
  • Options
    I think black would be a nice choice..paired w/ white and a deep mustard yellow. accent with a slate grey.
  • Options
    I actually think pewter would look gorgeous, but there's definitely nothing wrong with a classic black dress.  I also don't think the yellow will clash, but I love bright colours. :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards