New Hampshire
Options

Dress for Mom

I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for places to go shopping for my mom's "Mother of the Bride" dress. My mom wants to look pretty and sophisticated, but is worried because she is a buxom lady that she will be strapped with something in a dark ugly color, or something really frumpy.  Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Dress for Mom

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We found my mom's dress at Macy's and his mom's dress at JC Penny (pic in bio).  We got pretty good deals to.  If  you're looking for something a little fancier or more traditional, you could try David's Bridal or Modern Bride, which both have MOB dresses.  I think DLS's mom found a bridemaid's dress on sale at Modern Bride that she's wearing.
    Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got my mom's dress at 125 Bridal in Plaistow. They were great to work with and have a great selection of MOB dresses. They recently expanded their store, too, so they have even more to choose from now! Good luck!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mother and FMIL just got their dresses at Marry & Tux in Nashua. 

Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is a hot ticket so she did not want a traditional MOB dress, she went to Gigi at Madeleine's Daughter for her dress! It looked amazing on her, I absolutely loved it! My grandmother went to MD for her dress too!

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    kloirekloire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom has the same body issue but found some great dresses at David's Bridal in Nashua.  She was afraid she would be stuck in an "old lady" looking mother of the bride dress!  Marry & Tux also had a few she really liked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We found my mothers at Macy's. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards