Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Maid Dress Stress

Having 7 maids causes for a lot of different body shapes... two of which are full figured. I spoke with my bridal consultant (whom is also my friend and has known me for over 10+years and doing bridal for over 15 ) about dressing all my maids to flatter the most shapes. She only pulled dresses that flatter the most shapes. Two of which have sweetheart necklines... perfect I think because it slightly mimics the shape of my dress. HOWEVER one of my maids told me she will only look fat in a sweetheart neckline. 

I am honestly at a loss, every dress I like someone has a reason they dont like it. I know its my wedding and my choice but I also want the girls to feel beautiful. any input on this would be awesome... I honestly dont know what to do.

thankfully I have 9+ months still.
Marrying my Best Friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maid Dress Stress

• Options
    I would just pick one and go with it. As you stated, you have SEVEN maids, there is no way everyone will be happy. Maybe pick shoes those two love and always always, make sure they try it on before they *know* they will look fat in it.

On another note, I know you will get a ton of responses advising you to let them pick different dresses in the same color and that's what they did/are doing and it looks/ed great, but just remember, you have a vision of your day and if that vision is tailored and has all your girls in the same dress, don't lose sight of that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     When they get married they can pick whatever dresses they want their maids in, they can have some in put, but ultimately it is up to you. I think it is impossible to make 7 girls happy. Seven girls, seven bodies, seven different opinions - not gonna happen!! Just make a decision and go with it. Explain why you made the decision and they can all just deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_maid-dress-stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e12ce9df-f1f0-4c61-85b4-40e60b5017dbPost:08e666e3-63a4-4c78-af3f-57af30a3657f">Maid Dress Stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having 7 maids causes for a lot of different body shapes... two of which are full figured. I spoke with my bridal consultant (whom is also my friend and has known me for over 10+years and doing bridal for over 15 ) about dressing all my maids to flatter the most shapes. She only pulled dresses that flatter the most shapes. Two of which have sweetheart necklines... perfect I think because it slightly mimics the shape of my dress. HOWEVER one of my maids told me she will only look fat in a sweetheart neckline.  I am honestly at a loss, every dress I like someone has a reason they dont like it. I know its my wedding and my choice but I also want the girls to feel beautiful. any input on this would be awesome... I honestly dont know what to do. thankfully I have 9+ months still.
    Posted by Missyb581[/QUOTE]
    If you truly want all of your BM to feel comfortable in their dresses then why not let each of them choose their own style.  There's no rule saying that they all have to be in the exact same dress.  Pick a color, length, and maybe even the fabric and let them choose what silhouette fits them best.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think you have one of three choices:

1.  Let them choose their own dress (within certain parameters, of course).  Pick a designer, color and length (and maybe fabric).  That way, they would feel the most comfortable.

2.  Have them all converse and choose one dress.  Majority rules.

3.  Choose a dress for them.  They can personalize it through different shoes, jewelry, hair, etc.

Hope that helps.  Good luck (and don't stress).
  • Options
    something with ruching (sp?) in the stomach area and a simple (ish) style generally looks best on a variety of body types (this worked amazingly for me and I was in the same position as you)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards