Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bra Woes- Do Stick on Bras Work?

This is my dress:

I'm trying to find a strapless push up bra to wear with it, but I'm having a hard time finding something that will work with that low back. I'm starting to think about trying to use one of those stick on bras- Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they actually supportive?

Any other suggestions gladly accepted- I'm just trying to stay away from longline bras.

TIA!

Re: Bra Woes- Do Stick on Bras Work?

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Sew cups in your gown - works like a charm.

EDIT: That dress is gorgeous!
  • Options
    I've worn the plastic/rubber "chicken cutlet" type bras that are slightly adhesive, but remove easily and painlessly.  I think I got it at Target?   The old-school stick on bras hurt like hell to remove, and I don't think I'd want to put my boobs in so much pain on my wedding night....

I have a very similar dress to yours (pic in bio), and I'm just having my seamstress sew cups into the bodice.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    If you're busty (bigger than a B-cup) those stick on bras are a joke.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bra-woes-stick-bras-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e133f16f-de48-439d-9d16-94b5b76b4fafPost:b7dbc3dd-e387-4020-8051-c8464495ef56">Re: Bra Woes- Do Stick on Bras Work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're busty (bigger than a B-cup) those stick on bras are a joke.
    Posted by DiLynn83[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Exactly the feedback I needed :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I was trying to avoid sewing in cups, because I have a friend doing my bustle and I didn't want to add to her work- But if sewing in cups is the best option, then I'll look into it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks, ladies!

</div>
  • Options
    Also - Victoria's Secret has a convertible low-back strapless bra that may be worth looking into:

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265669564649&c=Page&cid=1265675095194&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Get cups sewn in :) I have noticed with stick on bras that if you get hot or sweaty that they slide around. And I think if you are dancing at your reception you have a good chance of getting hot and sweaty.
  • Options
    I love my sticky bra, and it has never slid around on me. It's not as supportive as a real bra, but it's never given me trouble. Note: I am pretty small (32c) so that might be why my experience differed from others.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bra-woes-stick-bras-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e133f16f-de48-439d-9d16-94b5b76b4fafPost:c144250a-ffe1-4091-a158-fd18f4ad378d">Re: Bra Woes- Do Stick on Bras Work?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my sticky bra, and it has never slid around on me. It's not as supportive as a real bra, but it's never given me trouble. Note: I am pretty small (32c) so that might be why my experience differed from others.
    Posted by Louisa1000[/QUOTE]

<div>A friend of mine was in a wedding in which all the bridesmaids went with sticky bras because of their dresses.  3 of the 5 ended up having their bras pop off their boobs during the ceremony and had to hold it on with their arms for the rest of the ceromony.  I am having cups sewn in my low back gown.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards