Attire & Accessories Forum

DHGate experience: The reveal

A couple weeks ago I decided to try and order a wedding dress I had tried on at David's Bridal from a Chinese wholesale website. You can read more about the beginning of the experience in this post:

This here is the post to report the rest of my experience, as my dress arrived just yesterday. I immediately picked it up, went to my mom's house as we opened it with excitement to encounter:

Yes, I decided to document the opening with my phone. Forgive my muppet-like voice. Anyway, I was still being optomistic in the video because I had yet to try it on. Things were looking shabby, but I was expecting corners to be cut, as long as the dress lasted a day. It could be fixed. I tried it on to encounter:

Apparently a U.S. size 12 is not what they think it is. I tried on a size 12 at David's Bridal and it fit perfectly. This dress... not so much.

Needless to say, I am trying to send it back and get a refund. I'll let you know how well that goes. 

Sorry DHgate and seller weddinggirl, this experience was a total flop.

Ah well, at least I could say I tried, and I have hopefully put out a decent review for others looking into buying from China! I certainly don't comdemn all dress sellers from China, just this one that I tried.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards