Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Destination Wedding

I'm getting married in Jamaica and I'm freaking out about bringing my dress!!!  Any ideas for different options????
Tom & Nicole's Wedding

Re: Destination Wedding

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    About bringing your dress?  Just bring it on the plane.  I did it - worked fine.

EDIT: I put the gown in a hang up bag and carried it on the plane. I asked to hang it in a closet, but the plane didn't have one.  Instead, I laid it down on top of the other luggage in the overhead bin.  It seriously was totally fine.  Don't stress :-)
  • Options
    If you're staying in a hotel when you get there, an iron will likely be available in your room.  Should be fine for touch ups on low heat with no water/steam and a thin towel or pillowcase between the iron and your dress.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    This is a concern of mine too!  Airlines are really okay with you carrying on your dress?  I'm so used to them being ridiculously strict about carry on limitations and the thought of handing my dress over to baggage handlers fills me with abject horror.  Is there anything you have to do in advance to make sure it's alright to carry the dress on?  Do you have to sacrifice other hand baggage?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_destination-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e404055c-1883-413e-b612-64db38163d67Post:b5071191-4acc-4921-9cf3-fbb57723407b">Re: Destination Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a concern of mine too!  Airlines are really okay with you carrying on your dress?  I'm so used to them being ridiculously strict about carry on limitations and the thought of handing my dress over to baggage handlers fills me with abject horror.  Is there anything you have to do in advance to make sure it's alright to carry the dress on?  Do you have to sacrifice other hand baggage?
    Posted by francienyc[/QUOTE]

They are completely fine with it.  Seriously, don't stress about it.

I carried on another bag and my dress.  Obviously the dress counts as a carry on so don't try to stretch the rules, but yes, they are totally fine with you carrying on a dress.  Don't over think it.
  • Options
    What airline did you use?  Everyone keeps telling me it will be alright, but stress is my middle name these days!!!  LOL. 
    Tom & Nicole's Wedding
  • Options
    We flew US Airways - out of Philadelphia and out of Bermuda.  I actually got congrats from the flight attendants in the airport because it was so obvious what I was carrying!
  • Options
    Thats awesome....we're flying US Air out of Philly too.  I hope my experience is as good as yours was!!  Thanks
    Tom & Nicole's Wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards