Attire & Accessories Forum

What should candlelighters wear?

I am planning to have my 2 cousins, ages 18 and 16, light candles at the beginning of the ceremony.  My colors are lime and watermelon and my bridesmaids will be wearing short dresses in lime.  My mother has suggested that the candlelighters wear short dresses in watermelon; however, I feel like this makes them look too much like the bridesmaids.  Any thoughts on this?  If you had candlelighters in your ceremony, what did they wear?  Thanks!

Re: What should candlelighters wear?

• they should wear whatever they want.  they dont have to coordinate with your WP.
  • Candle lighters should just wear normal clothes, IMO.
  • Whatever they deem appropriate.  I would not require them to match the WP unless you're paying for their outfits, but even then, that seems like a waste
  • Ours asked us what we wanted them to wear.  Men were in black tuxes, women were in eggplant floor length velvet dresses.  We told them black pants or skirt and a top in one of the wedding colors would be great.  One wore black palazzo pants with a sleeveless lavendar shell, the other wore a black skirt with a purple twin set.
  • normal wedding attire? it's just a candle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was a candle lighter and i wore something similar to the wedding party, but i was much younger and it was my brothers wedding it was me and my sister in laws little brother. Whatever you want though your the bride!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards