Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

MOB AND MOG WHAT DO THEY WEAR??

Hello, I am a bride of an outdoor June wedding.  My mother and future mother in law have been asking me what they should wear to the wedding.  They want to make sure that whatever they wear doesn't clash in the pictures and that one of them isn't more over dressed than the other.  My Bridesmaids are wearing black and my dress is Champaign with Ivory lace over the top.  I'm trying to get the groom and his men to wear a tan tux rather than black so it doesn't end up looking like a funeral.  Any suggestions on what colors, sytles the Mothers should wear?  They are both so sweet and would wear whatever I asked them to, but i have no idea!

Re: MOB AND MOG WHAT DO THEY WEAR??

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Tell them what you, your fiance and your bridal party are wearing.  Let them go from there.

The days of matching colors and letting the MOB choose her color first are long gone.  Tell them to just pick something they feel beautiful in.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Exactly, they just need to match the formality of the event.  However, if they want suggestions you can let them know the wedding colors or maybe suggest that they wear a neutral color like gray, champagne, or navy that won't clash with the other colors and will be easy to re-wear.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mob-mog-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:e9d71eed-1f82-4cf6-a15f-92fe2a64676cPost:a4ed5680-49be-41c6-ab4f-14205baaa1f4">MOB AND MOG WHAT DO THEY WEAR??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I am a bride of an outdoor June wedding.  My mother and future mother in law have been asking me what they should wear to the wedding.  They want to make sure that whatever they wear doesn't clash in the pictures and that one of them isn't more over dressed than the other.  My Bridesmaids are wearing black and my dress is Champaign with Ivory lace over the top.<strong>  I'm trying to get the groom and his men to wear a tan tux</strong> rather than black so it doesn't end up looking like a funeral.  Any suggestions on what colors, sytles the Mothers should wear?  They are both so sweet and would wear whatever I asked them to, but i have no idea!
    Posted by NEWPICKELL[/QUOTE]
    FYI, I was told by several stores that there is no such thing as a tan tuxedo. There are tan suits, but not tuxedos. There aren't even a lot of tan suit choices, at least around here.<div>
    </div><div>I agree with the PP in just letting them both know the formality of the event and let them shop on their own. My mom asked me to come with her to shop, so I did. My FMIL lives in another country, so she's doing her own thing. If matching or complimenting each other matters to them, you can have them contact each other & figure things out on their own.</div>
  • Options
    WHATEVER THEY WANT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards