Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Rental Wedding Dresses

I'm getting married next winter and I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've been considering renting a wedding dress but am having some trouble finding places that offer that as an option.  I live in Arlington,TX but I'm willing to travel a little if I need to. Any suggestions?

Re: Rental Wedding Dresses

• Options
    There aren't very many wedding dress rental places around outside of L.A. and maybe New York. There are a lot of web sites if you do a search. But then you get into the hassle of the shipping and sizing and all. From what I understand, renting can get kind of expensive too.

Maybe you could look at David's Bridal, they have some very reasonably priced gown that are beautiful. I found mine there for $400.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There are lots of resources to purchase an inexpensive wedding dress ... eBay, Craigslist, preownedweddingdresses.com, sample sales at salons, jcrew.com, anntaylor.com, nordstrom.com, dillards.com, buy a bridesmaid's dress in white, borrow something from a friend, thrift shops and consignment stores, sales at David's Bridal and Group USA.

If you look around enough, you can probably find a way to purchase a dress for the same amount you'd spend to rent one. Then after your wedding, since it belongs to you, you can keep it, sell it, donate it, or have it made into something else (quilt, christening outfit for a future child, etc.).
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I would buy a sample gown.. I got a maggie sottero sample gown at lasting bridal coutour in addison for 300 the gown was orginally 1200. You can also buy used wedding gowns from a couple of places in dallas like anonymously yours
  • Options
    If you don't need something ornate, I have seen some beautiful bridesmaid dresses in white.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know that there are some rental places in Tennessee, but that's probably too far for you to travel. 
    Here you go JHarlan.  This is in your area right there in Dallas.
    http://bridalgownrentalandsales.com/.
    Goodluck and I hope you find what you're looking for here.  Their dresses are rented for $75.
    Denise
  • Options
    There are also one in Austin, TX and Canyon, TX.
  • Options

Here's another website for you.  I hope this helps you out.  The only thing you need to do is set up an appointment with these places.  Some of them are only open on Saturdays.
    Goodluck and let me know how you make out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards