Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

destination wedding and gown pressing

I'm having a sort of destination wedding... I live in California and will be travelling to my hometown in Pennsylvania. I'm arrving with 2 full days before the wedding and my dress will need to be pressed when I arrive. The store here told me to make sure it's pressed and not steamed because water will stain in. It's a 100% silk Lazaro and I'm REALLY nervous about having it pressed.I I found a drycleaner who says that can do it. I'm still nervous tho lol. Happy stories about this please????

Re: destination wedding and gown pressing

• Options

If you are concerned about getting it pressed then have the store you bought it from press it for you before putting it into your garmet bag.  When you get home (meaning after you pick it up from the store) remove it from the bag and let it hang completely until you are ready to leave for PA.  Once in PA, again remove it from the bag and let it hang completely.  This should prevent it from wrinkling, but I feel that if the drycleaner you talked to is reputable then you should not worry about them pressing it.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Crazy idea- maybe ask if Lazaro has any stores who sell locally/semi locally to the wedding. 

I would call that store and ask for a dry cleaner recommendation in the area.  Otherwise, I would just be really really sweet to the flight attendants and carry the dress with you and keep it AS FLAT AS POSSIBLE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards