Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can you have a hair flower AND a veil?

Does anyone have pictures of themselves doing this?  I really want both but I never see pictures of it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
191 Ready to Party! image
77 Missing Out image
2 Making Me Crazy! image

Re: Can you have a hair flower AND a veil?

• Options

I wore both (well, a fascinator, not a flower) and it was nice because I could take out my veil at the reception but still have my fascinator in my hair.
  • Options
    I did!  I only wore the veil for the ceremony and pictures afterward, the flower was in my hair all day & night.  See pictures below both with and without the veil.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm wanting to do the same. And I hope it works because I've already put a deposit down on both!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay nice pictures!  Yes, I want to wear the veil for the ceremony and maybe some of the pictures and then take it off and have the flower for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing this too! I don't think it's too much unless your flower or headpiece is a bit too embelished or large. All about balance.

Your pictures are lovely, to those who posted! :)
  • Options
    i think it is cute. thats more than likely what i will be doing.
  • Options
    You can always have just the veil at the ceremony, and then have just the fascinator/flower for the reception, if you're worried about wearing both at the same time.

pretty photos!
  • Options
    Why can't you do it?

• Options
    i plan on doing both too!
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options

I'm thinking of doing something like this because I love mantilla veils.  Then I'd take the veil off for the reception, but keep the flower.

I think doing both can be lovely.  

SaveSave
  • Options
    I'm doing both as well. Go for it! I will take my veil off at the reception anyways so I still need something cute in my hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think they look great together as long as the veil is not too ornate
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jemmina, those pics are lovely! What kind of flower is that you're wearing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_can-hair-flower-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ef4317b4-2c88-455d-9d72-b153b2b0c004Post:ab910d5d-9c6c-4050-a361-3dcd4a2116d5">Re: Can you have a hair flower AND a veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jemmina, those pics are lovely! What kind of flower is that you're wearing?
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

It's actually a flower I got off of Etsy, the seller was Misunbridal I think.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes, you can.  I did the same as the previous posters.  Wore both for the ceremony and wore just the flower for the reception.

• Options
    That would look really pretty! Do it! Keep the veil simple though.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Of course! Remember, it's your wedding! I'm just wearing a veil but for the reception I'm going to put in a flower. It sounds beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wear both!! I am :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards