Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Silver or Gold Shoes with a Dress?

I've chosen a bridesmaid dress color of Sangria from David's Bridal for my girls, but I can't decide on the shoe color.  I want the girls to wear a cute flat, though.  I'm looking for suggestions on color, as well as shoe.  Send them my way, Ladies!

Re: Silver or Gold Shoes with a Dress?

• Options

What are you're wedding colors?

• Options
    Don't specify a particular shoe, that's just overkill, and an ill-fitting shoe can actually cause pain.  I think you could just tell them any silver flat and call it a day.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    i'd probably go with silver...bigger selection
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_silver-gold-shoes-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f019b4ee-5188-41e9-bfd0-b730cd47a1dcPost:8e2574dc-6d53-4d24-a2a2-0902a885a2a3">Re: Silver or Gold Shoes with a Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't specify a particular shoe, that's just overkill, and an ill-fitting shoe can actually cause pain.  I think you could just tell them any silver flat and call it a day.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

This exactly. Everyone's feet are different, and unlike gowns, shoes can't be altered to fit more comfortably.
  • Options

Agree with pp's to let your attendants pick their own shoes in a certain color, see how gold or silver look with your full color scheme and that might help you decide which would work better, either is a good choice so they will have a neutral shoe that they could use again.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I am using sangria as well and my girls are all wearing an ivory shoe and I am wearing sangria. they all decided that they loved "Willow" from DB but I agree not to choose a shoe for them! 
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • Options
    I say go with silver, but definitely let them choose the actual shoe. This is what I did with my BM's and it worked out well and everyone was happy. For example, my one BM doesn't like open toed shoes, so if I would have said open toed silver shoes, she would not of been very comfortable or happy with me. And one of my girls wore a silver/greyish shoe she already had, which was fine, too.
  • Options
    Silver is MUCH easier to find!!!!! 
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say gold.. I think gold would compliment the sangria much better than silver. I told my BM's to find a gold shoe, and they all ended up getting the same gold shoes from Payless for only $14.00! One of my BM's was an MOH in a wedding yesterday and she wore them again with a wine/sangria colored dress and it looked great. HTH!
  • Options
    I agree that gold would look better.  Since Sangria is a warm color, you want a warm metallic to go with it.

Victorias Secret has a lot of gold shoes on their website, so that might be a good place to look if you or your bridesmaids have trouble finding gold somehwere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards