Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

camo wedding help

my soon to be hubby wants camo in our wedding theme.im ok with that but idk how im going to work everythign with it.i know i picked a cake out and i think he whats a full camo tux but im not for sure on that.i know i wanted tifany blue in the wedding and green.but know that he wants camo.im thinking of brown and orange.i know our dates in oct.but i might wantto move it to aug.so idk how the brown and orange colors would work.and idk how blue would look with the camo.help please!idk how to make the decore look good with orange and brown too.

Re: camo wedding help

• Options
    Please dont use camo in your wedding!  Its a wedding, not a hunting convention.  I dont hate the idea of just doing a camo tie, but a full suit?!?  No way!  I also like MilkDuds idea of doing a camo sock and taking some pics sowing them. 
  • Options
    My brother has done the camo thing and to be honest he had the vest and I believe tie as well with a blk tux.  It looked  so neat because it was totally him.  Good luck and do whatever fits you both the best not what the norm is.
    Junebride12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_camo-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f131f945-9576-4abb-a037-5b96f4cc0999Post:91bc15c7-1046-48a0-8c91-f1fbf8e80faa">Re: camo wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Please dont use camo in your wedding!  Its a wedding, not a hunting convention.</strong>  I dont hate the idea of just doing a camo tie, but a full suit?!?  No way!  I also like MilkDuds idea of doing a camo sock and taking some pics sowing them. 
    Posted by eseney82[/QUOTE]

This!  I don't like the idea of camo anywhere.  This is not a "hunting convention" or war zone.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Since you asked about color advice, not opinions on whether or not camo is a good choice, I would recommend going with the orange for a pop of color that is a complementary tone. You could also add some touches of blue here and there since you like that color and it would lighten things up a bit. You could us something like this as your inspiration but make orange your primary color.

Quite honestly, I think it's presumptuous for others to tell you should or should not use for your wedding. Would I use camo? No. But it's not my decision to make for you and since you asked for opinions on how to make it work, I hope this helps. I agree with the previous poster - go with what fits you. Good luck!
  • Options
    Just google camp wedding ideas. Under google images I saw a lot on there. I think orange or green would go with it just don't go over board with it. I agree with the tie or vest not a whole suit.
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Have you thought about instead of going with Camo--going with hunting, rustic, colors theme. Lots of branches, browns, greens, wildflowers, wood, etc. You would have to get rid of your blue but it could be very pretty. Maybe with some sparkle thrown in.

You could also have the wedding in a barn or outdoors. 

You can add SMALL touches of camo in: wedding favors, garter, groom's cake, etc. Maybe he can change into a camo vest for the reception?

Close to what I'm thinking:
  • Options
    Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_camo-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f131f945-9576-4abb-a037-5b96f4cc0999Post:267e486b-f0a4-4a2a-ae7d-8ae1edaa27b4">Re: camo wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: camo wedding help : Her OP said she was not sure how she'd get everything to fit together. I think it's more than appropriate that people gave her ideas on how to use (or not use) the camo/colors.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Of course that is fair. Obviously. But several comments came off quite judgmental.
  • Options
    Milkduds is 100%  right.  We don't all have the same tastes or color preference.  and ewww isn't an answer
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_camo-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f131f945-9576-4abb-a037-5b96f4cc0999Post:57e84c5e-13fb-43fe-b279-3977998d3445">Re: camo wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Milkduds is 100%  right.  We don't all have the same tastes or color preference.  and <strong>ewww isn't an answer</strong>
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards