Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!

Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!

• Options
    I would go with whatever is closest to your natural hair color.  If you eventually tire of coloring your hair when you get older, you'll still recognize yourself in your pictures.
  • Options
    What is your natural color? I'd go with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Every color compliments you well. I agree to go with whatever is closer to your natural hair color.
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    What do your FI and your son like best? All 3 are very pretty!
  • Options
    I think the general "rule" with hair colouring is to stick within three shades of your natural colour. I'd go with that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:a474c82d-988a-4e09-828f-0f98e26fbdd8">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the general "rule" with hair colouring is to stick within three shades of your natural colour. I'd go with that.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

my natural hair color is an ashy medium brown...my fiance likes my hair dark the  best im just scared to go so dark since im blonde right now...
  • Options
    How about a happy medium and go with medium brown, you don't have to have ash tones, you can use a warm or cool tones
    May 2013 August Siggy: Hair Inspiration
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:9e228ba3-4a63-49a6-ae14-9a9a4e611da7">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll! : my natural hair color is an ashy medium brown...my fiance likes my hair dark the  best im just scared to go so dark since im blonde right now...
    Posted by brandonswifey4605[/QUOTE]
    Make sure you go to a reputable salon if you're going to to this. You wouldn't want your hair to turn funky colours!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:25d8578c-ea69-4e51-bbdb-7e9ca902a15d">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have GOT to be kidding!
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>Why CMGr?</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I like the thrid best, but what do YOU feel best in?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:3c111220-ec2c-444c-89aa-926660fab580">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard of girls worrying about their nail polish, makup, hairstyle, jewelry for their wedding, but selecting a hair COLOR?  Sorry, just too much for this old lady!  (I'll bet the OP's natural hair color is beautiful.)
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

nope i know what im doing to my nails, makeup and hair style, but seeing that my roots are really bAD I obviously made a hair appt and just thinking about going back to my natural hair color, dont know why thats too much? but whatev. thanks tho :)
  • Options
    Really, I think you can rock any of those colors, they all look pretty on you!  I liked the medium brown (3rd picture) the best though.  As others have said, if you are going from blond to brown, definitely go to a salon!  Don't try to do it yourself.  I would also suggest not making the switch too close to your wedding date.  That way, you will have time to correct it if it comes out wrong.  You can always switch to brown a month or so before the wedding and then you will just need a quick root touch up before your big day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dark brown! that way it's not too dark but close to your natural color.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:3c111220-ec2c-444c-89aa-926660fab580">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard of girls worrying about their nail polish, makup, hairstyle, jewelry for their wedding, but selecting a hair COLOR?  Sorry, just too much for this old lady!  (I'll bet the OP's natural hair color is beautiful.)
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

<div>hahaha! I had my own phase of coloring my hair all the time. I stopped though because I just got lazy... =P</div>
  • Options
    I love your hair dark. It really makes your gorgeous light eyes stand out (blue? green?) and makes your skin look healthy and luminous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the dark too.  But have you thought about talking to your hairdresser about doing high and low lights and keeping the base as close to your natural color.  I always did high lights and then my new hairdresser talked me into adding the low about a year and a half ago.  Now in the winter I add more low and in the summer I do more high.  I'm ashy too so she does warm tones to help brighten it up a bit.

How soon is your wedding?  Do you have time to try something new?
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would do the brown as close to your natural color but maybe add low lights in with the highlights, and you could do more low than high.  So he gets some dark, you get some light and everybody's happy!

My FI just asked me the other day if I new how I planned to wear my hair. 
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_which-hair-color-for-my-wedding-help-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:f1684898-6d35-481f-8e27-902724f82784Post:cc17c1c9-b2e6-46a6-a7c8-37be23e50e88">Re: which hair color for my wedding? help! Poll!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your hair dark. It really makes your gorgeous light eyes stand out (blue? green?) and makes your skin look healthy and luminous. 
    Posted by csweaney[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly!</div>
  • Options
    I love your hair color in the last picture
  • Options
    I think the dark hair looks fantastic on you, but I feel like the color in the third picture may look less harsh in photos.
  • Options

Maybe ask your FI what hair color he likes best on you. :) That's how I decided to add my blonde highlights back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards