Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

BEST BRIDESMAID DRESSES EVER!!!!!!!

2 days ago I posted a poll on here "any reason not to do this?" asking if it was a good idea to let my 7 bridesmaids pick their own dresses out. My requirements were that the dresses were to be black, around knee length, and satin or satin like material. As of now, only 3 out of 82 votes said its not a good idea. 

I wanted to share with you all that yesterday I informed all of my bridesmaids they will be picking their own dresses out and their requiremetns -  and they are beyond excited! My main intent was for them to buy whatever they were comfortable with paying for, and wearing. I can't explain how good it feels to make them that happy and save them money. 

I mean honestly, what are the chances that even if you have only 2 girls, they are going to both equally love, feel comfortable in, and comfortable paying for the same exact dress. I know different styles, or even completely different dresses are common now a days, and I think its a great thing. 

Just sharing my experience thus far with this decision and if anyone is considering it, I say GO FOR IT! Make sure your requirements are clear! :) 

Re: BEST BRIDESMAID DRESSES EVER!!!!!!!

• Options
    My FSIL did this with purple dresses (she had 13 bridesmaids!!) and it turned out gorgeous so I originally planned to do the same for my bridesmaids but in our color.  At first everyone was excited, but then it became more of a hassle as they each had to shop for their own dress, set up salon appointments, kept asking me for more specific direction and dress ideas.  After about 3 months of this, I came across a dress that I loved because it's very similar to the top of mine and all of the girls decided to just go with that (and they range from size 2 to 22).

Having them choose their own dresses can look great and has a great intention behind it, but depending on the bridesmaids, it could actually turn out to be more work.
  • Options
    I did this with my BM's and they loved it.  They just had their dresses fitted last weekend and it was just so great to see my friends look happy and comfortable in their dresses!  One of them thanked me for letting them choose because she was so happy with how her dress looked.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards