Attire & Accessories Forum

black bridesmaids dresses???

Hi all,
I am considering having my wedding colors as black, white, and red.  I am getting married in the springtime and perhaps these colors are too dark.  I was thinking of having my bridesmaids wear black cocktail like dresses.  I figured they're likely to wear the dresses again.  What is everyone's take on black bridesmaids dresses?? 
Just wondering.
Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: black bridesmaids dresses???

• I had my girls in black in April.  Worked out great.  All I told them was black, I let them pick from there.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I consider black a classic color and can be done anytime.  My girls wore black for my wedding in July.  They loved their dresses, and 2 of them have already worn them again. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it is a great idea. A lot of girls on here have done the same thing. You can always add color to them with a sash or bow or something or have colored shoes.
  • DItto.  I'm a black, white and silver bride.  Black bridesmaids dresses with whatever kind of silver accessories they want.  Shoes are their choice too.  It's classic no matter what time of year.

Good luck!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married next August, and told my BM to pick a flattering black dress that they will wear again. Nothing wrong with it.
  • Thanks all, you're all very helpful!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls are wearing black silk shantung dresses, for my October wedding, from Aria and they love them.

While I agree it can come off as a bit dark, if you accent the dresses with bright jewelry and perhaps a sash or bow I think they are an excellent choice for bm dresses.

• I'm a black, white and red bride as well.  My girls love their dresses.  We have red sashes for the wedding, but they can take them off and wear again.  They are cocktail length as well.

Here they are when they picked them up (without sashes):

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Black always looks tasteful and beautiful no  matter what!
  • well i happen to be biased because our wedding is in may next year and our colors just so happen to be black, white and red... with our bridesmaids in black :]

i thought i'd catch some grief from my fiance's very traditional family, and everyone has only given us kudos for the color scheme, spring wedding or not. so i wouldn't worry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards