Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

David's Bridal dresses, seem to run big?

This is pertaining to bridal party dresses. I got my little girl a size 6 (which is her current size) and it's about 5 inches too long, and my daughter is tall for her age. (It's also a bit big around, but she's also thin). Has anyone noticed if this is the case for all their dresses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: David's Bridal dresses, seem to run big?

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Their children' sizes do run rather large.  My ten year old niece (who wears a size 10) had to get a dress in a size 6, which is the smallest junior bridesmaid size they carry. It was still a little big on her, but the length was okay with the shoes she wore. I couldn't get my flowergirl's dress there, because we couldn't find one that even came close to fitting her.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My guess is they make them long because they know it will probably be hemmed to the correct length anyway?  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Avion, they aren't just long, they are big all the way around. My niece could have easily fit twice in the size she normally wears.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think they do that hoping you'll stay there for alterations.
  • Options

I think there flower girl dresses do.  I had to get my daughter a 3.  She usually wears a 4/5.  She tried on the 4, but was swimming in it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards