Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridal Boutique - own brand?

Does anyone know anything about dresses that have the bridal store's label rather than a designer? The store where I bought my dress had a bunch of designers and also their "own signature" line - bought directly from the manufacturer. The signature line is not a bargain - just unique styles of which they have one dress that cannot be ordered.  Anyway, I loved one of those signature dresses and impulsively bought it off the rack.  

For the most part I don't care who made it except that I want to know that I didn't pay $1,000 for a dress that sells elsewhere for half that. It's seems to be very well made and the fabric is gorgeous but it's still driving me crazy and I can't find the dress anywhere online.  Did I just buy Safeway brand Cola rather than real Coke?  Does it matter?  Any thoughts on the origins of in-house boutique dresses would be much appreciated!

Re: Bridal Boutique - own brand?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_bridal-boutique-own-brand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:f8d478b3-353d-42b9-8218-508c0f1b6528Post:8bf5c10d-bc10-43cf-8603-55ef9fbedd8b">Bridal Boutique - own brand?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know anything about dresses that have the bridal store's label rather than a designer? The store where I bought my dress had a bunch of designers and also their "own signature" line - bought directly from the manufacturer. The signature line is not a bargain - just unique styles of which they have one dress that cannot be ordered.  Anyway, I loved one of those signature dresses and impulsively bought it off the rack.   For the most part I don't care who made it except that I want to know that I didn't pay $1,000 for a dress that sells elsewhere for half that. It's seems to be very well made and the fabric is gorgeous but it's still driving me crazy and I can't find the dress anywhere online.  Did I just buy Safeway brand Cola rather than real Coke?  Does it matter?  Any thoughts on the origins of in-house boutique dresses would be much appreciated!
    Posted by amymaria105[/QUOTE]

If you already bought the dress and are in love with it then who cares.  Unless the store accepts returns or will give back the money if you did pay too much, I would not put yourself through the hassle of looking for it, or the aggravation of finding out if you did pay too much.  Just be happy with your dress and enjoy that you found the dress you love.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ah, I needed that. Very good advice and advice that my mother already gave me but it's nice to hear from a third party. I'm a classic buyer's remorse person but you're completely right about finding a great dress and the no refund deal - moving on to the next task. :)  Many thanks! 
  • Options
    It helps me to think of it as "is this worth $XXX to me?"

My engagement ring for instance. I bought it from an antique store, and I didn't have it appraised. It cost me $425. Is the diamond a real diamond? Is the ring actually worth $425 on the market? Don't know. Don't care. It was worth $425 for me to have a ring that I love.
  • Options
    I just bought a gown from a local boutique which sells dresses by a local designer and her two assistants. I love that it's unique and I can't find it anywhere online! I think it's a plus, and supporting local fashion houses is a great thing to do. Your dress definitely isn't cookie-cutter that way : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards