Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Need suggestions for BM dress color to complement wildflowers

I'm hoping someone can offer me some suggestions - I'm getting married in the late afternoon of August 2010 at an apple orchard in Maine with an outdoor tented reception to follow.  I'm using wildflowers in vintage bottles as centerpeices and going for a casual, vintage/rustic feel.  I know I want my maids to wear tea length dresses, but I'm completely stumped on the color - what will compliment different colored wildflowers? 

Re: Need suggestions for BM dress color to complement wildflowers

• Options
    As previous poster mentioned, varying shades could be beautiful.

When Jenna Bush was married, I remember her saying she wanted to complement the wildflowers. Here is a sketch  of her color scheme/dresses:

http://www.polichicksonline.com/Jenna%20Bush%20bridesmaids.jpg

If you like a shade of green, that would always look fresh & pretty with wildflowers.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your great advice!  I know I want daisies, dahlias, zinnia, alstromeria, sunflowers, statice and queen anne's lace - like a farmer's market bouqet with different blooms and colors.  Perhaps it would be easier to just focus on 2 or 3 colors though.  I love the idea of a monochromatic scheme.  My girls are blond, red, and light brown so I'll have to find a color to compliment all of their skin tones.  I was originally thinking either buttercup yellow or sage green, but have also thought about chocoloate brown or navy to really make the flowers pop.  So difficult to decide!   Thank you again for your help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards