Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress shopping - what to wear

So what did you guys wear, as in undergarments? I'm not normally a "full coverage" underwear kind of girl. Is it inappropriate to wear a thong? The closest dress store is 3 hours away (we're going tomorrow) and I can't imagine spending the entire day picking bikini underwear out of my butt. Then again, I don't want to show up in my usual underwear and offend my consultant. 

I didn't bother getting any sort of special spanx or bra because I didn't want to buy something that may not work with the dress I choose.

Re: Dress shopping - what to wear

• Options
    I wore more modest undies, and the store supplied what ever bra or slip I needed for each dress.

I'm sure the consultant has seen it all!  Mine told me she's had comando and granny panties all in a day!

HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Wear something you don't mind being seen in.

It was particularly strange for me. I can be very standoffish with people, and I like my personal space. This woman was in the room with me while I undressed, she put dresses on me, took them off me, stayed while I was getting dressed again to pack dresses back in bags.

I think I just wore a normal bra and modest underwear... she didn't advise me to change bra or take it off, but then, I'm a G cup. These puppies can be hard to wrangle.

And... forgive my ignorance. How is wearing a thong different from picking bikini bottoms out of your butt all day? ;)
  • Options
    You can wear a thong if you want to and don't care about a fitter potentially seeing your buttcheeks, they don't care - I'm sure they've seen it all before.

I wore bikini full coverage undies and a strapless bra I already owned.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-shopping-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:fafee6a5-42f8-4e33-9a48-83461d25fa63Post:d4c85bcc-f4b3-4725-a76c-fe1550023302">Re: Dress shopping - what to wear</a>:
    [QUOTE]And... forgive my ignorance. How is wearing a thong different from picking bikini bottoms out of your butt all day? ;)
    Posted by Amt2109[/QUOTE]

<div>lol....thongs are just a thin bit of material where as full coverage underwear has a ton of material shoved up there...haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks ladies! Who would have thought I'd find it this difficult to go try on dresses..lol.</div>
  • Options
    Definitely wear modest underwear. If you were a bridal consultant, would you really want to have to see other people's naked asses all day long?

Also bring a hair tie, a bottle of water and a small snack. You will get really hot trying on dresses. I was sweating like a pig by number 7. It was gross.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore regular bikini or hipster type panties like I usually do and brought my own strapless bra.  The consultants really didn't see that much of me because I put the dress on and stepped out and all they did was help clip or lace up the gown in the back if needed to give a better idea of how it would fit.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I don't think it makes a huge difference(although I did opt for more modest undies).  Just make sure that they are a light color: white or nude.  The first two places I went had me put on an underskirt anyways so they didn't really have to see my undies.
  • Options

Wear what you are comfortable with, but I would recommend wearing something nude-colored. The first time I went dress shopping, I had on bright green panties that showed through in some of the dresses. It does effect the image you get when you are trying to make what is possibly already a stressful decision.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wear what you be comfortable wearing in front of someone you don't know
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a go-to pair of nude, Body by Victoria underwear I will be wearing when I go dress shopping. It lays so flat on my body, there aren't any places it pinches in, so I won't be fighting imaginary rolls. It's what I wear under all my fancy dresses for concerts and special occations. But my butt cheeks do kind of hang out the back a little. But as another poster said, I'm sure the consultants have seen it all, so all that really matters is that you're comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards