Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridal Bra Help!

I'm trying to find a longline bra/bustier/corsette for under my strapless wedding dress, but nowhere around my location carries them.  Thus, i'll probably have to order off the internet, and I'm leary of doing so without being able to try it on first. Can anyone give me their opinions of brands of this type of bra that was comfortable and less than $100?  I'm 5'7" about 145 pounds and a 36A, so I don't need tons of support.  Any specific brand/model recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Bridal Bra Help!

• Options

What kind of dress do you have?  How form fitting and in what fabric.  I got mine at David's Bridal; I don't remember the price but it was definitely below $100

murrayed
  • Options
    DB is a little high but they have a couple of options that are actually nice under a lot of dresses.  Can you travel to a DB somewhere?  I wouldn't buy one without trying it on...they all fit differently.
  • Options

This is my dress from David's Bridal--

so form fitting, but not super thin, since it's taffeta.  And yes, there is a David's Bridal about an hour away, but I was just checking into all my options before making the drive.  Thanks!

• Options
    I have a Maidenform one from Macy's that I've used for all my bridesmaid dresses.  My gown had a low back, so I couldn't wear one with that.  I thought it was pretty comfortable for what it was.  And it has lace on it, so it's pretty.  But I agree that you should try it on before you buy it--or at least make sure the company has a good return policy!
  • Options
    By the way, have you asked your local board where they bought their undergarments?  There may be a closer, cheaper place to buy them that none of us would know about.
    murrayed
  • Options
    of course it all depends on the dress but i am much more keen on wearing a regular bra and some sort of spanx underneath.

if you cant find a 36 A try a 34 B its the same size
  • Options
    What about your seamstress sewing cups into the dress?  This might work for you as an A-cup, and a heck of a lot more comfortable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards