Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wearing My Mom's Dress :D

Hello all! I am wearing my mother's dress for my wedding. It was  a very 80's dress, but my mother is a very talented seamstress and has completely redone the dress for me and it looks amazing! As if that wasn't enough, she has also made all of my bridesmaid and flower girl dresses. Anyway, my point is that I would like to acknowledge all of the hard work that she has done at the wedding, but we are not doing speechs and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to how to do this? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Wedding Blog!
kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com

Re: Wearing My Mom's Dress :D

• Options
    Are you making programs to give out to your guests at the ceremony? You could include on the back a picture of your mom in her dress and then a picture of you in it next to it. With a caption underneath acknowledging her hard work. 

Or, if you're not doing programs, you could put a little blurb next to your guest book (maybe with a picture of her in her original dress) saying that your dress was made lovingly out of your mother's dress by her own design. 

What a beautiful thing to wear your mother's dress on your big day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or do a special candle

• Options

A candle seems like it's usually done when someone has passed away.  I like the idea of side by side photos.  You could even do this as a gift to her (double frame) when you get your pro photos back.

• Options
    Thank you all! actually love the idea of doing the picture of both of us in the dress! That would be a cute gift for her as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Wedding Blog!
    kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards