Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress went on sale...Can I do anything????

I'm an international teacher and go back to the States every summer, so after we got engaged, I bought my dress 18 months before the wedding at David's Bridal knowing we were moving to Asia. Now, it's on mega sale and my dress is still sitting in the bag with zero alterations and only been tried on one time! Can I do anything about this? Can I have my fiance's mom return the dress and then buy it again for the sale price? Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Re: Dress went on sale...Can I do anything????

• There is no harm in trying.  However, even at traditional retail stores, the window of time in which you can bring something in for price adjustments is typically limited to a week or two, so 18 months is going to be a stretch.  
  • I was told no returns when I got my DB dress in January.  Mine is now $100 less so I'm kicking myself (although I got it for $300 off already. Boo.)
  • David's doesn't take returns on pretty much anything (it's on their receipt) So they aren't ging to let you return something and then buy it again. Especially not from so long ago. (Only returns they take are from when you order online, and that's a really short timeframe. Basically it's enogh to try it on and send it back if it doesn't fit).

photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Yeah they only do store credit. I would go on their Facebook page and see if they can help you out. But something you bought 18 months ago I kinda doubt it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards