Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Indecision

SO I put money down on a dress in March.. my wedding isnt until next May.. I really liked it the day I bought it but cant help but feel like i may have made the wrong decision. I don't like the pictures my sister took of me in it and I'm not sure I'm the only bride who's done this. Im already looking for a new one but want to know if theres hope that I may love it again on the first fitting?! anyone been in this position?! 
Lauren

Re: Dress Indecision

• I would call and set up an appointment to try it on again. If it was too big and clamped in the pictures, it may appear to fit poorly and not do as much for your body. Start by trying it on, and go from there.
  • Go try it on again. I think getting into the dress is the only way you'll know for sure.
    Anniversary
  • There are dozens of posts regularly about brides having dress regret (I was one of them). I bought two dresses.  I ended up staying with my original dress and selling the second one... but, I did spend a good 6 months making myself nuts.  I don't recommend that course of action.

Go try the dress on again.  Accessorize it.  Make sure your hair and makeup are done for the day so you don't feel frumpy or blotchy.  It will do wonders for the overall look.
  • I just went through the same thing! I put a small deposit on a dress I had seen in a magazine. I was so excited that the shop had it because the magazine I found it in was a couple years old. We took some pictures and I went home anda few weeks later, I realized I may have rushed things. I called the shop and they said I could use the deposit towards any dress, as long as it was a bridal gown. So I shopped around, found the dress I actually wanted, and luckily, they sold it there! So I didn't have to lose out on that money. I will say that (as sad as it may sound) I found that going by self once or twice really helped, because I was able to step back and really decide how i felt about the dress, without all the opinions from my mom and bridesmaids clouding my judgement.

You should def go try it on again, dont rush yourself, and just take a minute to really decide how you feel about it. Since I got the seond dress, I havent had a second guess at all because I know that I love it 100%!!

Good Luck! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PS.  Some of the PPs got lucky that their salon let them transfer or return the dress, but that is more often, not the case.  If you do go dress shopping again, be prepared to have two dresses. Wedding gowns aren't returnable and most salons have the "once you order it, it's yours" policy.
  • thanks everyone. im making an appoitnment for monday.. Im hoping I love it again. In the pics I have I hate how I look in general so my hair and makeup will get done and if i still am not sure I guess I'll be buying another : / ..
  • Almost every bride goes through dress regret, don't stress it's normal. When I saw pics of myself in my dress at the salon, I panicked too. I HATED how I looked. But I knew the dress was THE dress the moment I saw it. I was so confused. Then I got honest with myself.. It wasn't the dress, it was me. I was unhappy with my weight. So I hit the gym and dieted like crazy, 40 lbs and 8 months later I tried it on again for alteration, and I cried. It was just si beautiful. Not saying your situation is the same, but that's my storu
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Many dress salons prohibit photos of dresses, this being said, a sales consultant told me that photos of dresses taken by cell phones/digital cameras  do not capture the detail and beauty of the dress and the lighting of the salon in addition to photos making you look 10 lbs heavier does not do the dress and bride justice.  THerefore when the bride goes home to look at the photo of herself, she is not pleased.

This made sense to me, so it is best to go back and re try the dress on and take your time looking at your self in the mirror.  Accessorize the gown too, this will help you a lot.
    Good luck I am sure you will love the dress once more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards