Snarky Brides
Options

Can I sue her for sun damage?

Woman says she owns the sun is going to charge everyone for usage....click here to read article. Crazy, right?!
My furbaby, Miles
Anniversary

Re: Can I sue her for sun damage?

• Options
    She seems very impressed with herself for having what is to me, an extremely laughable idea. Have fun weasling money out of sunbathers lady. Ain't gonna happen.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    BAHAHAHA I feel bad for that lady because she's clearly crazy.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    The things people will do for money and attention.

H just read in the paper last night that some guy is suing a popular video game company for his gaming addiction.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's hilarious.  I'm interested in how she's going to attempt to pull that off.
    panther
  • Options
    Well the Spanish gov't could use all the money they can get because they are broke as schit.
  • Options
    I love The Daily Mail!  The stories they find to print are sometimes just so out there.

The comments are excellent: one man claims to own the space between the sun and the earth and she must pay a tax on all light passing through his space.  Another guy claims that those who own huge fireballs in the sky need to be more responsible as people are getting burned.

She's delusional.
  • Options
    What if I don't want to use the Sun's services any longer? Can I opt out? Because I don't feel like I should be charged for services I no longer wish to receive.

And no, she can not lock me in a cave. I've got rights.

P.S. Sesh -- I love the photo of Sir Whiskey. Too cute.
    My furbaby, Miles
    Anniversary
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010

Interesting, I want to own the other stars then and charge star gazers. Who wants dibs on the moon?

Photobucket
  • Options
    I AM THE MASTER OF SPACE AND TIME. EVERYONE MUST PAY ME JUST TO EXIST.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-sue-her-sun-damage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:010436a5-97e5-468c-930a-eb78072d6c9dPost:49de369c-4dc9-46f4-ac21-baf1eff91e5a">Re: Can I sue her for sun damage?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting, I want to own the other stars then and charge star gazers. <strong>Who wants dibs on the moon?
    </strong>Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

According to the article, someone has already laid claim to it. And most of the planets. I get dibs on Earth! Pay up, hoars.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-sue-her-sun-damage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:010436a5-97e5-468c-930a-eb78072d6c9dPost:49de369c-4dc9-46f4-ac21-baf1eff91e5a">Re: Can I sue her for sun damage?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting, I want to own the other stars then and charge star gazers. Who wants dibs on the moon?
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

Clearly you didn't read the article.  Some man in the US already claimed he owned the moon.  That's where she got the brilliant idea from.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Star and I have laid claim to oxygen. So, pay up for breathing, bitches.

ETA--ksparks, your cat is freaking adorable.
  • Options
    Guys, I think some dude already owns the moon. Can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-sue-her-sun-damage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:010436a5-97e5-468c-930a-eb78072d6c9dPost:9d0364d4-9b55-4a16-a408-e1701fc21fca">Re: Can I sue her for sun damage?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I AM THE MASTER OF SPACE AND TIME. EVERYONE MUST PAY ME JUST TO EXIST.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Dammit, you win Any.

ETA: Sorry I just skimmed, I see now that the Moon is already owned. Does that guy charge NASA everytime the go up to the moon for research? haha. People make me laugh.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Ha! That is hilarious!
  • Options
    I heard about this story the other day!

I mean, even if she just charged everyone on earth $1 a year she'd be a bazillionaire, give or take a few gazillion.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Let her say she owns it, because you can't charge people for what they enjoy from their own or public property, like the scent of your flowers going into your neighbor's yard. And you CAN legally force someone to remove their property from your space, like apparently sunlight from your backyard.
  • Options
    "I KNOW THE LAW"

HAHAHAHHA best line in the story.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards