Snarky Brides
Options

I don't need alot

One of my BM's is throwing me a bachlorette party.. which is great and I am thankful but I asked her not to get a limo bc its too expensive and I don't expect people to pay a fortune to go to my party. Our couples shower is that day there people are coming in from out of town and spending money on that.. then two weeks later is our wedding which is 3 hours away... so there is more money we are asking people to spend if they go.  Well one of my BM's (who is family) called earlier to say she cant go to the party cause she cant afford it and neither could another family member. They are already driving in that weekend from 3 hours away for the shower plus the wedding 2 weeks later. She said the limo is $50 a girl. That is crazy.. I would rather have my closest friends and family there than ride in a limo.  I don't want want to come off ungrateful but I think its rude that she did that and expects people to spend so much especially when I asked her not to.  She thinks bc she can afford it everyone can.  Should I say something to her or no?
Photobucket We're Married!!!!

Re: I don't need alot

• Options
    The Alot is very sad you don't need it anymore.
  • Options
    To answer your question: I personally, would say something to her. I wouldn't want people cut out just because they couldn't afford it.
  • Options

A Lot.. I was so frusterated!

• Options

ALOT2.png

hehehe. I couldn't resist.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-need-alot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:038ebe0a-0958-4079-b148-a0191b2cefeePost:5e0e072c-d466-4b2c-83c6-275f60c55d1d">Re: I don't need alot</a>:
    [QUOTE]A Lot.. I was so frusterated!
    Posted by jessienjeremy[/QUOTE]
    frusterated? hehehehe.<div>
    </div><div>Anyways. Ditto what Any said. Better you say something to her than be annoyed/frustrated the whole time. She'll probably handle it better than you think if you're just up front with her.</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks.. I kinda felt like I was being rude for not wanting all that.  My MOH is going to call and talk to her bc she told me that honestly if that is the deal she didnt know if she could go because she is throwing our shower that day and is spending a lot.  Last time I said something to her about the party she snapped at me and said I need to let her plan it and not be so controlling so my MOH said she would handle it..l love her

• Options
    Alot doesn't understand human emotion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, why is your MOH not throwing the bachelorette, since she seems far more reasonable about finances than the other BM?
  • Options
    Could your other BM be using the cost as an excuse to not make the 3-hour trip out there twice in two weeks?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I know they're your friends and they're important to you, but it seems to me like there's a whole lot crammed into a three-week time span (couples shower/bachelorette party/wedding) and it's putting strain on your WP, both financially and physically, since they're having to drive back and forth so much.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    My MOH is suppose to be helping my other BM throw the party.. but the other BM isn't doing a good job of telling her stuff. She made the invites and didnt even tell anyone. 

No my BM that called wanted to go she just couldnt afford $76 for a limo. Which I don't blame her. If this was for someone else I couldnt afford that either. 

Everything was settled and we changed up the plans so now its easier and more affordable for people to go. I would rather have the people that mean the most to me there than have some fancy expensive party. I just don't see the point in anyone spending that much money.
  • Options
    Talk to her about it. Also what is the alternative for transportation for everyone? Will you have enough designated drivers or is there a train you can take? Perhaps she's trying to make it a fun and safe evening for everyone. If that's the best transportation option perhaps talk to those that declined because of the limo and say you really want them there and that they can meet you gals at your first destination at what ever time??

Photobucket
  • Options
    Well  the place is super far from everyone and I think in the end that was the deal. No one wanted to go that far. I understand that. There are other fun options so after talking to her and my MOH we switched it up. I wasn't pretty at first but it all worked out finally.  I have to say in 7 months of wedding planning this has been the most complicated part of it all.. so I  guess I shouldn't complain too much. I was just irritated by some of the stuff she was saying and how people were acting about the hole situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards