Snarky Brides
Options

Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?

Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?

• Options
    ...Not my style.  It looks uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, the spoon half is cool and the heart half is completely stupid. I hate those dumbass hearts.

ETA: I see that it's actually a fork. Just call me Isaac fuckin Newton, that's how observant I am.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Is it a fork? Hmmm. I like the hearts.
  • Options
    I would wear it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    it reminds me of the ring I have that was made out of my silver baby spoon.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    It's a neat idea but I just don't think I'd want to wear a fork on my arm. 
  • Options
    Lol... the mixed reviews have me really nervous now.

It's made from a fork, and my mom and I both like hearts - I had it sent to her for her birthday.  She hasn't gotten it yet; when I saw it I thought it was really cool, so I ordered it right away.  Now I'm convinced she's going to open it and be like "Huh?  ...Thaaaaaaanks."
    panther
  • Options
    I think it's cool that it was made out of a fork, but I wouldn't wear it. If your mom likes hearts I'm sure she'll like it. And it kind of looks like mom jewelry to me (whatever that means).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-bracelet-kinda-cool-completely-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0673b39a-13d2-4a5b-8780-57b1a20806cePost:a9dba186-4173-40e9-8e26-24beec67184b">Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really love cuff style bracelets.  But the heart design on this one really isn't my thing.  And the left side reminds me of a silverware pattern that my mom used to have.  Lol.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Ditto all of this
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-bracelet-kinda-cool-completely-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0673b39a-13d2-4a5b-8780-57b1a20806cePost:2bfcf165-92cd-4fe2-a070-fb21070869f5">Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's cool that it was made out of a fork, but I wouldn't wear it. If your mom likes hearts I'm sure she'll like it. <strong>And it kind of looks like mom jewelry to me (whatever that means).</strong>
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

It makes sense to me, the "mom" jewelry part.  My mom loves jewelry and has a crap ton of it - some of it's really fine jewelry, and then of course she has really random costume or fashion pieces.

The description for this bracelet added that it would be a neat "conversation piece," and I think that's why I had to buy it.

I'm scared, lol
    panther
  • Options
    I would wear it.  I really like bold/unique jewelry.
  • Options
    It's from an Etsy seller who makes lots of different fork bracelet designs...

He also does spoon rings like Anna mentioned... I kinda want one.

panther
  • Options
    I like it! And I really like the spoon ring.
  • Options
    I have spoon rings that were my moms from the 70's :)

I'm with LC, I like the idea, but not the hearts. I love the other stuff! I'm a weirdo though and it would actually fit perfectly with my style. I LOVE one piece of big, chunky, weird, statement jewelry with a simple dress.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I want one now.
  • Options
    I love the second one in the last post of pictures.

I'm not a huge fan of those kind of hearts, but if you're mom likes them, then she'll love the bracelet. :)
  • Options
    Seller name?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I definitely agree hearts are a personal preference.  I like hearts, but I absolutely cannot stand heart shaped stones.  But I wore a little gold heart on a necklace for years.

I guess I'll just hold my breath hoping my mom likes it... and if not, well.  I can redeem myself on Mother's Day :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-bracelet-kinda-cool-completely-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0673b39a-13d2-4a5b-8780-57b1a20806cePost:deba1a3e-24d8-42d3-9db2-f122eb630aca">Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seller name?
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

Yes, please.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-bracelet-kinda-cool-completely-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0673b39a-13d2-4a5b-8780-57b1a20806cePost:deba1a3e-24d8-42d3-9db2-f122eb630aca">Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seller name?
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

This is the guy

<a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/MarchelloArt" rel='nofollow'>http://www.etsy.com/shop/MarchelloArt</a>

I really like his shop.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-bracelet-kinda-cool-completely-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0673b39a-13d2-4a5b-8780-57b1a20806cePost:05343eb9-1e29-4bff-aa05-a4ab58ecd4d1">Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this bracelet kinda cool or is it completely stupid? : Amazing stuff. I already want the angel ones.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those art pieces are pretty bitchin.
    panther
  • Options
    I like it. It's neat that he's reusing the fork, to make something new.
  • Options
    I really like it! (And the other ones you posted)

I love cuff bracelets, and I really do think that is a conversation piece being that it's made out of a fork. Totally something I would wear.
  • Options
    I like the spoon handle part, not the heart end of the cuff, like others mentioned. Other than that, it's really cool. Iike big silver jewelry like that. The ring that the seller makes is my favorite. Maybe that seller could make you a bracelet like the first one you posted, but tell her you want the heart end of it changed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Options
    I love it and now I want one.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a fork cuff bracelet - it looks like the second picture but because it's 2 forks it has swirly thingies on both sides.  I like it but it tarnishes really quickly so I have to use a polishing cloth on it a lot.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    I like it, but I like some of the other ones in that shop a little better. I'm also not big on hearts, so that could be a reason. But some of the other swirl-design ones with the more plain fork handles, I absolutely love. I may actually be ordering one for myself now, haha.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    i would wear it.

• Options
    I think the idea is super cool! I love this one:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Beads - I love that one, too!

I am totally going to buy myself something from this shop one of these days.  I really want one of those spoon rings.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards