Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning...

I woke up to find that I hadn't turned the slowcooker ON last night. It had a pork roast soaking in coke to make pulled pork for lunch when a coworker comes over for lunch today. FML.

Other than that, not a whole lot on tap for today. 

What's up ladies of SB?

Re: Good Morning...

• Options
    edited December 2010
     Been there, done that. So now whats for lunch?

I cleaned the whole house when I got home last night so I could focus on getting my shopping done, and putting up the Christmas decorations. I need to get the cards started. I want to be done so I can focus on baking next week.

And my SS let me know my present will be in the mail tomorrow, I'm excited!

And Good Morning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mornin'. J just called bitching about another hunter (he's at the camp) so, now I'm up.  

That sucks about your lunch. It sounds so good, too. I think a friend and I will go shopping today. I hate myself for waiting so late getting presents. 

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    Morning!  The goal for today was to get all of our Christmas shopping done.... but now we're snowed in.  Like, blizzard white-out conditions.  So I'm going to attempt cake balls today instead!
  • Options
    Ok Steph- Quid Pro Quo, I gave ou my recipes. Now tell me how to make cake balls!
  • Options
    Morning. Whisky goes to the vet soon, and hopefully we'll determine whether or not he's deaf. I have a conference call later for my press release, and other than that nothing to do today. I'll probably spend the day reading and sleeping.

Oh, and happy birthday, MC!
  • Options
    Steph - I hope your weather is not what's coming to Chicago later today!

I'm almost done with the shopping.  It's the decorating I'm having trouble with.  Normally we are in FL for Christmas so usually we don't decorate.  But this year we are home and I can't get Ebenezer to get the tree out of the garage attic!  I'd love to get a little real tree but with these two goober cats I don't know that it wouldn't become a tall green litter box.  Help!
  • Options
    Good Morning!

BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!

no really, that's obviously all I've got for today.
  • Options
    Marrin: As soon as I threaten/attempt to go do the things I've asked J to do that he's put off, he usually gets on up and does them.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:014f2814-42d3-4f5d-b434-c33e17f0b0aa">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!! no really, that's obviously all I've got for today.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Anna- I'm sitting here with a Santa hat on! See what you've done to me?
  • Options
    Chi Chi - yeah, I suppose if he saw my wobbly butt up there on the ladder, H would sigh and say "let ME do it."
  • Options
    My aunt and uncle in Faribault sent their weekly email last night in case the blizzard knocked out their utilities. It must be a doozie But that's something I've never experienced.

I dragged myself out of bed for bootcamp, and the rest of the day will just be cleaning and organizing our post-wedding house, which is a disaster area. I learned yesterday that I am just not an "arranger" so this stuff is really difficult for me even if I want to get it done. We also need to finish unpacking and I need to finish thank you cards. 

I get to babysit my friend'3 3 month old tomorrow while they go house shopping and I'm so excited. I have presents for her from my older sister, and a cd I made her, and I think she is one of the cutest babies ever made. Really. So I have that to look forward to. 

H is still playing warcraft. He just started Cataclysm when we got back from Hawaii Thursday afternoon and as of the time I went to be last night he said he was level 84.3 out of 85, so he's been playing hard. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:f29b1fc8-3205-4cb0-aa3d-bf29e29dfade">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning... : Anna- I'm sitting here with a Santa hat on! See what you've done to me?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

corrupted the allegedly uncorruptable?
  • Options
    KD- I don't know yet!  I've never made them before!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:6bf6131d-7d5f-4759-bf03-b63f818ecfb8">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning... : corrupted the allegedly uncorruptable?

You have chipped away at my frozen heart!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:53781973-f2c9-496a-9842-beeab7cddb6f">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD- I don't know yet!  I've never made them before!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Ok, just keep me updated. I may stick with my tried and true recipes for Christmas this year. Last year I tried a fudge that did not go over well.
  • Options
    Morning, ladies.  I'm watching TV and waiting on my mom to give me a call.  We're getting set up for the murder mystery all day today so that we can start around 4:00 this afternoon.  I made the jello shots last night so when she calls I'm heading over to help her make everything else and to decorate.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:b41ef436-0c77-4454-88fc-d51c51f3da07">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning, ladies.  I'm watching TV and waiting on my mom to give me a call.  We're getting set up for the murder mystery all day today so that we can start around 4:00 this afternoon.  I made the jello shots last night so when she calls I'm heading over to help her make everything else and to decorate.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

A Murder Mystery with jello shots this is a party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:9040e910-dfd3-4272-a1f6-51a9be9a2862">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning... : A Murder Mystery with jello shots this is a party!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    When my family parties, we party :)

My mom has never had a jello shot.  This could get interesting.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That's awesome, B. :)

Morning ladies! I'm heading to work soon. Yesterday was madness, so I'm hoping it's a bit slower.

Oh, and I'm DEFINITELY going to be wearing a Santa hat today. :))
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:ba3adb86-302a-4938-9ca9-a5f038648bf2">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome, B. :) Morning ladies! I'm heading to work soon. Yesterday was madness, so I'm hoping it's a bit slower.<strong> Oh, and I'm DEFINITELY going to be wearing a Santa hat today. :))
    </strong>Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

We'll be twins!
  • Options
    I got my anniversary gift!!!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:033f3254-d81a-465d-8190-10d58170e49e">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my anniversary gift!!!!!!

What is it!!!???
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:033f3254-d81a-465d-8190-10d58170e49e">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my anniversary gift!!!!!!

<div>wellllll what is it?!</div>
  • Options
    I'm tempted to wait until after Christmas to shop the sales for a fake tree but I hope to not be in an apartment next Christmas. 

Umm, 12 foot vaulted ceilings sound wonderful.  This house hunter is suuuuuper jealous.
  • Options
    Good Morning everyone.

Anna- That is gorgeous!

B- I've always wanted to do a murder mystery party. They sound so fun!

I've got to work in a bit. Then I might go see my friend's new baby. I still have Christmas shopping to do, but I doubt I'll be that motivated.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:a41025fb-240a-45a3-80b7-7a60613b2a7e">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm tempted to wait until after Christmas to shop the sales for a fake tree but I hope to not be in an apartment next Christmas.  Umm, 12 foot vaulted ceilings sound wonderful.  This house hunter is suuuuuper jealous.
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

You're hunting in the wrong places.  ;)  All the new houses out here have vaulted ceilings and an open kitchen to living room floor plan.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:7117768c-c3e9-47fd-8557-5d4305aef9d8">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning... : Ah yes. I want a living room with a high ceiling so we can have a tall Christmas tree. I always wanted a tall tree full of ornaments! Right now, we have a 7.5 feet one and we can't even put a star on top but that's okay. I don't want a tree that's less than 7 feet. No, no, no.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Cory's mom has a great room.  It has (i think) a 24 ft ceiling.  She ALWAYS finds a huge live tree.  It's magical.

Way better than the little 5ft trees i always had as a child.

Of course, MIL also has a shopping problem.  I got 10-15 gifts last year from her. A mountain of presents under a huge tree
  • Options
    See, Anna, that's where we are torn. 

We both grew up in really old houses and love the character that an older farmhouse has.  However, we're not sure if a new house would be better for us now, as we don't have a lot of time or tons of extra money to plug into an older house once things start to get too old. 

So it's either buy a new home and plan to move in 5-10 years or buy an older home that we'll have forever.  This is the majority of the reason it's taking us so long to house hunt.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-61?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a88df30-51f3-4f43-8e89-148924fbf799Post:f87fbf07-f02c-4481-a2f8-d0ace7922733">Re: Good Morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, Anna, that's where we are torn.  We both grew up in really old houses and love the character that an older farmhouse has.  However, we're not sure if a new house would be better for us now, as we don't have a lot of time or tons of extra money to plug into an older house once things start to get too old.  So it's either buy a new home and plan to move in 5-10 years or buy an older home that we'll have forever.  This is the majority of the reason it's taking us so long to house hunt.
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

We grew up in old houses/farmhouses too.  We figure that a new house makes better financial sense than something that might unexpectedly need a big renovation.  We'll stay here until we have kids that are a 9-10 and then we'll search out our forever house.
  • Options

Can you even IMAGINE a knot murder mystery party? That would be a fun thread. Name the knottie who most fits x murder mystery character.

btw GUYS!! hey guys!!! guess what??

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards