Snarky Brides
Options

Well, would ya look at that...

A whole week goes by and not one cigarette smoked. 

Brag over. 

Re: Well, would ya look at that...

• Options
    Congrats! That's amazing. Yay you.
  • Options
    Worthy brag! Congratulations!
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    That's excellent :) Congrats!
    panther
  • Options
    That's aweosme, OWN!  Congrats!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    WOW, OWN! An entire week?! Stay focused. That is HUGE.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! You can do it OWN, I've been smoke free for 4 years I think. I dont remember, I quite keeping track.

GO,GO,GO!! (this is my attempt at cheerleading)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Awesome!! I'm so proud of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That is so fabulous!! What's your secret? (Scott needs to quit)
  • Options
    Congrats! That's awesome.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • Options
    Woooo!  Good job!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.  It's actually been a week and a few days, but who's counting? 

Katie, I'm on chantix.  It's not for everyone, but it's definitely working for me.  I've quit before on chantix for up to a few months, but I always started up again for one stupid reason or another.  I figure by going public, I might just be too ashamed to start up again after the course of medication. 

KD - good for you!  That's awesome. 
  • Options
    Jules!  what a cute picture! 
  • Options
    That's Awesome OWN, I'm hoping to quit soon
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Options
    dmiller- Today is a great day to quit! :D
  • Options
    I'll have to talk to him about your success with Chantix. He's also looking at that electronic fake cigarette thing. Something tells me it's going to take a doctor telling him to quit to give him that nudge though.
  • Options
    ::High Five::  Good for you OWN!!  Cold turkey?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats, OWN!  Great job.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sadiesadie, with the help of Chantix.  While I'm on it, I don't really want to smoke but even if I did, chantix kills all the pleasure from smoking.  It just tastes gross. 
  • Options
    Thanks, OWN! 

I'm glad to hear your having good luck with Chantix.  I know other people who didn't have success with it. 
  • Options
    Congrats to you!  I've been smoke free for 2 years cold turkey, but I have cheated a day or two in there and had one.  Does the chantix give you weird dreams? A friend of mine used it and her dreams were incredibly vivid.
  • Options
    Yeah, the dreams are crazy.  Some people have experienced nightmares and things, but I just have extremely vivid, memorable dreams.  They're kind of fun, actually. 
  • Options

Have you noticed things taste better or smell better yet?  I noticed almost right away when I quit. 
    I went to the Bodies Discovered exhibit with Dan and they had the actual lungs of a cancer patient in a case, that did it for me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Way to go, OWN!  Keep it up :)
  • Options
    Woo hoo!  Go OWN!
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Congratulations OWN!  Let's try for two weeks :)  Baby or pterodactyl steps!!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards