Snarky Brides
Options

Mornin'

Good Morning!

I was up sick all night after attending one heck of a weird wedding.  I seriously felt like the guests were all unwelcomed and that they would have preferred to just elope.  It was weird and that wasn't the worst thing.  But I scored some cute favours.  So not a total loss.

Re: Mornin'

• Options

Do tell. What else was weird about it? I need details.

• Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    Ohai!!  Lookie what I did!!

I'll be back to give you the details and AW more pics when I have more time.  Miss you ladies!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:0f25b2e9-20e2-483c-a4f5-aa766d68ee64">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do tell. What else was weird about it? I need details.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

What was weird:
    *The bride didn't speak a lick of English and the groom didn't speak her language.
    *The address for the church was wrong on the invite.
    *The aisle runner was folded accordion style and then pulled out. The bride tripped.
    *There was a 3 hour gap and NOTHING to do in that small town.
    *Reception started at 5pm. B&G didn't arrive until 7:30. Buffet started at 8pm.
    *Dinner was turkey, stovetop stuffing, and mashed potatoes that made me ill.
    *Wedding party ate steak and shrimp.
    *They did their first dance to "I will love you like that" by All4One
    *Immediately after dinner, the staff came round and took my water glass.  Said they had only paid for 3 hours of rental on the glassware, but i was welcome to go buy a water at the bar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:eae9d1ad-4471-48c6-a76f-de55fe787055">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohai!!  Lookie what I did!! I'll be back to give you the details and AW more pics when I have more time.  Miss you ladies!
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

awww.  You done got murried!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:c1dc44ce-33c8-446f-92a6-e310c613030e">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : What was weird: *The bride didn't speak a lick of English and the groom didn't speak her language. *The address for the church was wrong on the invite. *The aisle runner was folded accordion style and then pulled out. The bride tripped. *There was a 3 hour gap and NOTHING to do in that small town. *Reception started at 5pm. B&G didn't arrive until 7:30. Buffet started at 8pm. *Dinner was turkey, stovetop stuffing, and mashed potatoes that made me ill. *Wedding party ate steak and shrimp. *They did their first dance to "I will love you like that" by All4One *Immediately after dinner, the staff came round and took my water glass.  Said they had only paid for 3 hours of rental on the glassware, but i was welcome to go buy a water at the bar.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Yikes.

Should I be glad that I have not yet been to a total trainwreck of a wedding, or is it a rite of passage that is worth experiencing at least once?

Anna, just wanted to tell you that I made those pepperoni puffs, and they were delish. :)

Yay Sweded!

I have a dilemma today - do I pack my backpack and walk dutifully to a coffee shop to get work done, or do I go play and shop at Target? I want to go to Target, but I have a deadline coming up that I probably shouldn't miss, and also need the exercise.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:0dee3032-2166-4d41-829e-05b6f99e2fbd">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : Yikes. Should I be glad that I have not yet been to a total trainwreck of a wedding, or is it a rite of passage that is worth experiencing at least once? Anna, just wanted to tell you that I made those pepperoni puffs, and they were delish. :) Yay Sweded! I have a dilemma today - do I pack my backpack and walk dutifully to a coffee shop to get work done, or do I go play and shop at Target? I want to go to Target, but I have a deadline coming up that I probably shouldn't miss, and also need the exercise.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

1. consider yourself blessed to not experience a trainwreck wedding.  I do without any event that leaves me hungry for hours and then gives me a touch of food poisoning effects.

2. Glad you loved the puffs!  I'm making them today for my niece's birthday party.

3. Go to the coffee shop, but only for part of the day.  Spend the rest of the day at Target.  :)
  • Options
    Have you tried them with different seasoning at all? I was thinking the first time around that a nice helping of garlic powder and some dried minced onions might not be amiss. I think I'm going to make them one more time before my shower and try that.

Yeah, I should probably go to the coffee shop. Today's the deadline for a chapter proposal to get into a book that might actually be a good fit for stuff I do, but it's kind of a Hail Mary pass so part of me wants to skip it. But I guess I should do it for the experience if nothing else.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Morning Ladies!

YAY Sweded, you look so purdy in that picture....more please!

Anna-So sorry you were sick all night, that wedding sounds like the big suck!

We spent the day yesterday cleaning up the yard from a downed limb, and getting all the twigs up so DH could mow. I planted my pansies yesterday. The house is so pretty this morning I almost want to take a picture. Today is laundry, and grocery store.

DH bought me new linen sheets and a linen duvet cover, I'm washing them so I can get them on the bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yay sweded.

boo stupid wedding...and uhhhh...how did the b and g communicate? how did they have a ceremony?? weird.

sarah i vote for target.

im at work. im bored already and im here for eleven more hours. at least i slept last night. thats helpful.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    oh and we found a place to live and vases so im no longer in crazy mode. which is a bonus for sure.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:6a63402b-4bac-4398-9e61-23ac100fdd41">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh and we found a place to live and vases so im no longer in crazy mode. which is a bonus for sure.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

YAY I saw this on FB but I want more details. When do you move since the wedding is next week?
  • Options
    Yikes. What language were the vows said in? Is she marrying him for a greencard or have they actually been dating even though they speak different languages? What was the cute favor? So confused.

I officially only have 1 exam left; it's Tuesday. So I should be studying for that. I might start today.

Pepperonic puff recipe?
  • Options
    were starting to move the weekend after the wedding. we have until the end of may and we prefer not to rush. we will probably be completely moved by the end of thnext weekend after that and we will clean during that week, probably wednesday because we both have it off. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:c1dc44ce-33c8-446f-92a6-e310c613030e">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : What was weird: *The bride didn't speak a lick of English and the groom didn't speak her language. *The address for the church was wrong on the invite. *The aisle runner was folded accordion style and then pulled out. The bride tripped. *There was a 3 hour gap and NOTHING to do in that small town. *Reception started at 5pm. B&G didn't arrive until 7:30. Buffet started at 8pm. *Dinner was turkey, stovetop stuffing, and mashed potatoes that made me ill. *Wedding party ate steak and shrimp. *They did their first dance to "I will love you like that" by All4One *Immediately after dinner, the staff came round and took my water glass.  Said they had only paid for 3 hours of rental on the glassware, but i was welcome to go buy a water at the bar.
     Wow.. well, I assume you can clean these people off your FB friend list now, if they were there. Where do these people com from?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:c1dc44ce-33c8-446f-92a6-e310c613030e">Re: Mornin'</a>:

Holy shiit. That's horrible. It kind of makes me mad.

I'm intrigued by the whole not being able to speak each other's languages, though. How does that even work?
  • Options
    OOTB:
    http://gimmesomeoven.com/pepperoni-pizza-puffs/

J&K, why must you tempt me? My resolve is already weak. And that's all good news about feeling more calm. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    YAY J! YOU'RE SO CLOSE!  Where'd you get vases?

Congrats, Kim! I want more pictures. now please. 

Anna- care to share that recipe? This is not the first time I've heard about it, but I don't remember actually seeing the recipe.

Sarah- Target is always the answer. always. 

ANYWAY.  Hi!  I finally got a full night of sleep last night, so I feel better.  I have some not-so-kind cramps, though, which sucks.  It's also crazy windy outside right now. The dog keeps barking at the windows. And it's like 30*. WTF. It's May!  Today, I need to do some meal planning and work on my resume/cover letter.

Speaking of which (cew, you still around??).  What the hell am I supposed to put in a cover letter? I'm applying for a promotion (i.e. the job I've been doing for the last 6 months), and everyone interviewing me has been a coworker for at lesat 3 years.  awkward.
  • Options
    sorry sarah i just love target...you could work hard this morning and reward yourself with target this afternoon.

steph, at michaels. i have three waiting for me in lacrosse, then the apple valley michales had five and searched the other stores and found the rest in eagan. it was way easier than we thought it would be.

gah i hate how my phone makes me look like an idiot that cant properly punctuate or capitalioze.

• Options
    Damn. I don't have a mini-muffin pan. Hmm, I can't think of anything I have that I could make these in. When I asked FI to buy us a muffin pan he came home with a pan for 6 giant muffins.
  • Options
    Mini muffin pans can be acquired pretty inexpensively - I just got mine at a 5&10 store for $7.99. I think it was worth it. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:868350c2-c04f-4911-93c2-85ad255c47c9">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of which (cew, you still around??).  What the hell am I supposed to put in a cover letter? I'm applying for a promotion (i.e. the job I've been doing for the last 6 months), and everyone interviewing me has been a coworker for at lesat 3 years.  awkward.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

So, I take it that the hiring manager is someone that is currently familiar with you, correct? Is the hiring manager your manager?
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies!
    Kim - you look gorgeous.  We want more pics, please.
    Anna - what a strange wedding.  I guess I'm lucky I haven't been invited to any trainwreck weddings. 
    I love my mini-muffin pan.  It produces all kinds of delicious sweets and appetizers.  They have them at Target!
    I had the strangest dream I was going to Prom, now.  With all my HS classmates.  It was weird, but fun.  My date was someone I wasn't close to in HS, but we had a great Prom last night.
    DH is back in his 'wake up at 1:30 and stay up all night' mode.  It's frustrating.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning all! Congrats, Swed! You look great in that pic! Sorry the wedding sucked, Anna. I went to a kick ass wedding last night! It was great, plus we used some of the same vendors, so awesome. Off to post wedding brunch. Later guys!
  • Options
    OMG I just remembered, we watched Dawn of the Dead before we went to bed last night, so guess who had Zombie dreams last night. And David Caruso was there!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:75b45e2c-6cf5-4fda-9670-a97411b25307">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : So, I take it that the hiring manager is someone that is currently familiar with you, correct? Is the hiring manager your manager?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Well... since it's a public University, it can't possibly be that easy.  There's a hiring committee (all people in the department) of 5 people.  Then a 'senior managers' interview of another 6-7 people, two 1:1 interviews (one is the director, the other is my current supervisor- also the supervisor of the new position), and finally- one additional group interview of our campus partners.</div>
  • Options
    ooh, where are you going milkduds? should i know this? 

• Options
    Geez. That's a lot of interviewing. Even so, I'd say you have an advantage because some of them will be familiar with your work. Since they already know that you have the minimum qualifications, I'd use the CL to go into a little bit of detail around why I'm uniquely qualified for the job. Have you worked on or led any projects that would have given you beneficial experience? Have you been involved in any leadership activities? Have you been recognized for any achievements?

Since you know some of the people that you're up against, do you know whether or not you have more / better experience than they do? If so, I'd try to highlight what you know / can do that they don't / can't. And I don't mean that you should say Judy sucks because she doesn't know how to do X. I just mean that you should play up your experience in that area.  
  • Options
    i wpould totally say judy sucks because she cant do x. maybe thats my problem...

• Options
    You're probably right. If I read a CL like that, I'd probably hire them just becuase they had balls.
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_mornin-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d0ff12d-0640-4cc6-8b7f-967cba213719Post:79e663ce-85c1-4a37-a718-af4ec51b3f36">Re: Mornin'</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried them with different seasoning at all? I was thinking the first time around that a nice helping of garlic powder and some dried minced onions might not be amiss. I think I'm going to make them one more time before my shower and try that.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

i've actually done them with ham, cheddar, and garlic & I've also done ground beef with bacon,  colby-jack, parsley, and garlic.

[QUOTE]boo stupid wedding...and uhhhh...how did the b and g communicate? how did they have a ceremony??
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I don't think they did really.  She just nodded and smiled a lot and he used a lot of gesturing.  I'm pretty sure she didn't understand a word of the ceremony.

[QUOTE]Yikes. What language were the vows said in? Is she marrying him for a greencard or have they actually been dating even though they speak different languages? What was the cute favor? So confused.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

*It was a lutheran, english ceremony
    *They have been dating but I think they've been speaking the *ahem* universal language mostly.  I don't think it's greencard motivated since they're planning to move to spain soon. He's going to work at a university there
    *little glass jars that look like cookie jars (about 6 oz size) filled with sour jelly beans.  I'm going to use them as jars for my various house spice mixes

[QUOTE]Anna- care to share that recipe? This is not the first time I've heard about it, but I don't remember actually seeing the recipe.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

*<a rel="nofollow" href="http://gimmesomeoven.com/pepperoni-pizza-puffs/">http://gimmesomeoven.com/pepperoni-pizza-puffs/</a>

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' : Holy shiit. That's horrible. It kind of makes me mad. I'm intrigued by the whole not being able to speak each other's languages, though. How does that even work?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

i have no idea.  I don't know how you can like someone (not even love) without being able to communicate.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mornin' :  Wow.. well, I assume you can clean these people off your FB friend list now, if they were there. Where do these people com from?
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

One of my H's fraternity brothers.

[QUOTE]Damn. I don't have a mini-muffin pan. Hmm, I can't think of anything I have that I could make these in. When I asked FI to buy us a muffin pan he came home with a pan for 6 giant muffins.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Use foil to make mini-muffin sized cups and just set them on a pan to bake.  Works just as well in a pinch.  Make a donut of foil and then set more foil inside to make a cup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards